Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
A dovetail front sight that has a vertical line up the middle like the ones made by XS? Would like one like that to put on my Henry Frontier and 1894. Have your front sights on them, but painting the whole face white or orange still leaves me with a front post wider than I'd like. However, a stripe up the middle with black on each side would be the ticket.

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hello Quiet Man,

We do not have anything like that at this time. Personally I've been using the solid white blade with great results. Remember, you are only aiming with the top of the post. Your eye will center the post in the aperture and the target on top of the post. (The human eye is amazing)

I shot bullseye Pistol for many years and our front sights were generally about 1/8" wide. This corresponded to the width of the bull in many cases but I've found over the years that even shooting much smaller targets there were no issues using the wide blade.

Try the white faced blade, it really is working here! (225 yard shot this past fall, Mule Deer Buck, steep uphill angle in the snow)

Hope that helps,

ANDY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts