Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I took a weekend getaway down to Staunton, VA. I found some pewter while antiquing that was smelted today for casting. We went to a gun store where I found some powder and a 405 gr mould for my new 1895. Then my wife talked me into buying a 336SC in 35 Remington that I had been eyeing. What a gal!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
You got a great rifle and a great wife! What a combo! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Congrats chsparkman on the rifle and especially the wife! Mine was with me when I picked up a couple of rifles at my local gun shop (had the local smith doing some customizing) when I saw a SBL and she encouraged me to get it! It's great when your other half helps with the marlinitis enabling....now I just need to tell her about the cowboy that I just bought!

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Wives who are ''Enablers'' are the greatest!!! Wish we had more like her. Take care, John.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sounds like a great week to me, I guess I should stock up on pewter for when I eventually get my shop setup.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The pewter I melt down to cast bullets. I add just a half-pound to a full 20-pound pot. It adds just enough tin to help the moulds fill nicely.

I'll post a picture of the gun shortly.

We went to the range today but couldn't shoot the 35 since I have no ammo yet. I have 50 cases being sent to me. I did get out my new 1895 and it packs quite a punch. She liked shooting the 30-30 with light loads. The we went to the pistol range where she kicked my butt as usual.

Yep, she's pretty cool.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
A good way to stave off Marlinitus with a road trip.

Hope you bought that keeper a nice dinner. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A good way to stave off Marlinitus with a road trip.

Hope you bought that keeper a nice dinner. ;)
Yes we had a couple of very nice high-end dinners. We also stayed in a very nice bed-and-breakfast. At one antique store she found a very nice gold dragonfly pin with a sapphire and some diamonds.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
The wifey was in the store today and I was bored sitting in the car so I walked over to the GoodWill and found me some pewter too.... Im Happy Happy Happy

Doc

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
Doc if it wasn't for GoodWill I would be naked. Then I do like Pendleton, and Eddie Bauer clothing for $4 a shirt it's all good. I even get the geezer 15% discount.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
From personal up close in the mirror it would need a double bleaching. :)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
This is getting out of hand SweetWillie & Swany! Nice get, CHS. Set up those pics for us to see, wilya?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.