Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for extra mags for my new 717M2. None of the walmarts or kmarts carry them. The have the mags for the 22 mag but none for the 22LR. So I called Scheels in Lincoln. Yes they have them, but they sell them for almost $6.00 more then retail price. WABOS! So I called Marlin this morning arnd ordered them for $14.65 vs the $20.00 that Scheels wants for them. So while I was at it I ordered a couple of the leather Marlin slings. It cost me $6.50 shipping vs the $20.00 it would have cost to drive to Lincoln and back. I get so damn disgusted with Scheels. They seem to want retail plus of a lot of their stuff, they wont deal on prices that are way to high to start with, and you can just about bet that if most places sell for x that Scheels will be about $5-10 dollars higher on small stuff so you can figure the screwing you get on the big stuff. I hope the scumbags go belly up once Bass pro and Cabela's get into Council Bluffs and Omaha!! Now let me tell you what I reall think :wink:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have some local shops that are way high too. I dont shop at walmart, but our cabelas really isnt that cheep either. I find the best way to order is online.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Don't know if they do it anymore[Scheels] but they use to honor bass pro and cabela's catalog prices. You bring in the catalog and show them the price and they would match it.

Sturgis

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might just have to order from Bass Pro. Lincoln is about 90 miles one way for me. It is lots cheaper to mail order, no gas and no tax :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I run a gun shop just 30 miles north of Lincoln and find that Scheels really isn't much competition with me. They are just too darn high on everything it seems like.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where abouts? Fremont?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I learned a while ago that if i needed something for my Markins, CALL MARLIN.

I went crazy looking for silver rings for my red dot scope and decided to call Marlin to see if they knew who made them and they had them and had them cheaper too. Since then when i need something i check them out first.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My shop is just outside Valparaiso, NE. Just drop me an emial if you ever want a price check on something. I do mostly cowboy guns, but can get about anything modern like Sigs and Rock Rivers and Armalites and Weatherby's ect. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts