Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't remember if I posted this here before ,but after just discussing this on another forum I thought it may help some of the Marlin fans here. Many have said they liked this sight but did not like the way it overhangs the receiver, as it was meant for a 336 whose holes are a bit farther forward. I myself went through the trouble of making an adapter plate that enabled the use of the existing rear scope mount holes but did require a different front sight as the adapter raised the rear sight 1/8". Even this is not necessary. Disassemble the WGRS sight and rotate the base portion 180 degrees. Remount the top half of the sight in it's designed position with the peep facing towards the normal rear. It will now adjust for elevation in the usual manner but with the top half in a forward setting on the base. It now overhangs the rear of the receiver by just a hair, an acceptable amount in my opinion. The WGRS is an attractive easy to use sight with this arrangement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.