Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are a few pictures of my recent wet SS media tumbler build and my reloading setup I put together about two months ago. I have a total of $18.00 in the tumbler. This was for the water cooler and drive belt. The rest of the parts come from a few years of scrap pile finds. Being a hoarder does have its benefits. The cooler is great for small batches but I am in the process of building another drum to process larger batches. The reloading equipment cost me $150.00 that included everything pictured except the powder. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
You got quite a deal for $150. I like the tumbler as well. You should be set for a while now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a lead on some different SS media that would be about half the cost of the pins that we are buying now. I will recieve it and test it in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wish I could stretch my cash like that. I always seem to go the opposite direction lol. Well done. Mark.
Thanks. Saving money where possible means I can spend more on components and I enjoy working with my hands. Sometimes i have to get creative or wait a little longer than i like to build something without much money. It is about like the pride and enjoyment that comes aolong with loading your own ammo it being better than factory. It is nice to see one of my creations function as good if not better than the store bought item.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am looking into swapping over to a two groove pulley on the motor and making a case prep station on the table also. I figure with a couple shafts, bearings, and couplings I could have a case prep station for cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts