Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a older western auto revelation 120 and took it apart some time ago to replace the buffer etc. I forgot about it and need a video to reassemble it. I know I saw a video before but can't remember where. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the last shot hold open. Just want to make sure all the parts are here and how to reassemble it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I had a chance to watch the video and unfortunately I have miss placed some parts so will have to order two small c clamps and one of the screws that hold the assembly to the receiver. But got the parts all cleaned up and will wait for the parts to come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been working on a western auto revelation model 120(same as old marlin/glenfield mod 60,had posted about it but can't find original post to add to it.) So I need some help I need the old style lifter spring and have search many parts websites but no luck hope someone here can help. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,605 Posts
Moving to Team 60 and merging threads...

·
Super Moderator
15,605 Posts
As that part is no longer made you are going to have to find a used one... Maybe from a member who kept one or a member who is updating to a new feed throat, lifter, and spring...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well an update I was able to alter the lifter spring for a newer style lifter spring that I had seems to be working. This is a restoration project for my friend. I have an older Glenfield/marlin 60 that is the same year and identical as far as parts go. His stock is being restored so I didn't have it to use to test the function so I put his action into my rifle and it doesn't seem to work. When I pull the trigger nothing happens. to double check I put my action back in it worked. So could the triggers be different enough that it wouldn't work in my rifle. This thing is giving me so much trouble ugh. Not sure what to do now, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another update a friend of mine came through with the spring I needed. I got the action put back together and seems to be working properly. When my friend gets his stock back we can put it together and test it. Happy to be done with this I definitely know how to disassemble and reassemble the 60 action, hopefully I won’t have to do it any time soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts