Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It must be the vortec from MM93's magnet and the hurricane, but!!!!!, standing on the firing line todaya fellow walked up to me and asked if I had any muzzleloaders for sale and informed me he had been told I liked Marlins.
Oh what a loaded question, yes to both, and he looks at the rifle and says he wants it and drags out a Marlin pump 12 gauge. He asked to trade even and I accomodated him. It is a Model 19-s and has beautiful wood and metal, and engraving of ducks on one side and geese on the other. Also has a horn buttplate with Marlin in script. The engraving looks just like that in my 1915 catalog. DId I do good? And does anyone have a 94 lever and bolt they will trade for a 93 lever and bolt? 25 or 32 wcf? Thanks a bunch, pictures on the morow, moodyholler

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
A walk-up engraved Marlin? Did you pinch yourself? :D No 94 bolt & lever here. A 92 somewhere among the cobwebs... maybe. :? SW

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Sounds like a Grade C pump. :shock: Great find, and I guess you're the new Marlin magnet owner!

·
Registered
719 Posts
wow!.......

sounds like you dunn good! i have only one malin shotgun..a 12ga pump...the model they gave away with the stock~can't remember model number~but at her first turkey shoot.....we walked away withe the turkey! :p

and i wondered where the marlinmagnet went...i had it in MY pocket for about ten minutes..... :wink:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Engraving is hard to capture with a camera. I am going to try outside again now. WOuld there be any interest in this gun? Trades? moodyholler

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
What a great old Grade C Marlin! Again, you did quite well!
I'm sure you wont have any trouble finding interest in that gun from Marlin shotgun collectors, or other Marlin collectors! I bet it would go pretty good at one of the internet gun auctions!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
VERY NICE! And what a gorgeous hunk of wood.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry to everyone for bragging. I was excited and did not mean to come across like that. Again, my apologies. moodyholler

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
moodyholler said:
Sorry to everyone for bragging. I was excited and did not mean to come across like that. Again, my apologies. moodyholler
Brag, man, brag!! It always feels good when something nice comes your way, and I'm happy for ya!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, my buddy at the local pawn shop calls me today and tells me to stop by. He pulls out a model 37 Marlin pump in decent shape and I leave with out the Ruger Black hawk. Then he shows me a new WInnie 61 in the box without hang tags and a 62A in nearly new shape. I will probably be peddling them on the internet for him. He also has on hold a Colt Lightning in 22 RF with Lyman 1A. I am in need of serious therapy. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Went right over my head of course! I didn't see any signs of bragging. I too figured you were excited, and with good reason!

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Braggin heck - You're entitled to be excited without being accused of bragging.......Besides - braggin's ok when it's appropriate, and with a trade like that, you're entitled! Way to go.....

Shum8

1 - 13 of 13 Posts