Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
The Flat Tops Wilderness Area in Colorado is a fine example of wild flowers. Depending on snow and rainfall it can be astounding to see sometimes. I've seen high pastures that were solidly covered with several varieties. Every couple years I take my wife to look at them. And that's how I get to go trout fishing. :flute:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Its Pretty up there in Mountains! I love going to Mtns, growing up as a kid we'd always go to Mtns. in the summer a few times while school was out! North Ga.,North Carolina,South Carolina or Tennesse! We went to Flordia one time as a family when I was a kid! My Daddy loved the Mtns, I guess still today thats why I'd rather go to the Mtns. than the Beach in Fla. any day I love them cool nights in the summer and them Mtn. streams to wade in or trout fish in!!!! Don't get me wrong I went to Fla. several times as a teenager and in my tweenties parting and a few times as adult deep sea fishing but hey I prefer Vacationing in the Mountains!!!! (Wishfull Thinking) Maybe Living there or at least owning a cabin up there one day to vacation at/hunt at and fish at!!!!!

Reactions: gunrunner

·
Premium Member
28,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here Bam Bam, Id just as soon stay here as go to the beach.
Heck" all that beach crowds, traffic and stuff stresses me out.
Im all about relaxing on a vacation or weekend get away..

·
Banned
2,263 Posts
Nice Pics Gunrunner! The first day of Summer is this Saturday, and it snowed here Tuesday, but your gonna have that here on the Divide. The Bloom is just around the corner though! These shots are from an outing a few years ago.
Tramwat at Granite, MT 013.JPG HIGHLANDS 002.JPG QUARTZ HILL RD 028.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,131 Posts
Nice pics. Love the Smoky Mountains. The people down here are reverse Snow Birds. When the summer comes the retired Florida people head to North Carolina and Tennessee. My mom is in her 80's now and heads up there every year. I can handle hanging in the mountains some where or the beach. Either suits me just fine.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
022.JPG 150.JPG 039.JPG
P1000122.JPG The first three are Blue Ridge, the trillium bloom and a showy orchis. The last one is from the National Aboritium in DC, a mile long trail thru endless types, bloom first week of May, a serious must see.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That sure is pretty. Nice little camp beside that stream,you would think you had died and gone to heaven.

·
Super Moderator
25,165 Posts
That's kinda hard to do in Afghanistan.
:vollkommenauf:
US_10th_Mountain_Division_soldiers_in_Afghanistan.jpg

·
Premium Member
28,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It'll make you appreciate them all the more when you get home Jay.
Helps in forgetting all that ugliness of war.
:hmmmm: Helps somewhat anyways....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts