Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appeared in the local online classifieds when I woke up Friday morning. Usually i'm not the one who gets there first but it worked out for me on this one.

It's an H prefix 1951 336 SC in .35 Remington. It's in very good shape, some handling marks indicate a few trips to the woods over the years but overall it looks to have been used very little. Bluing is great, a few honest scratches in the wood, utapped "waffle top" and a period Williams peep. Has a small brass framed compass inletted into the top of the stock but appears nicely done.

Guy was asking $300 and wouldn't go lower but I about collapsed the kitchen table slapping the cash down!! :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
top............

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and more.......... ;)

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Nice. That is a good deal. I need to find that kind of deal on a 30-30 SC and a .35rem SC. I got two .32 SC's but none of the other's. Great find littlemarlin. Let us know how it shoot's.
Karl

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Thank you for the rescue - of the 336 and me. ;D

·
Registered
20,684 Posts
Nice find..congrats!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Great find! I love the SC's ;D

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Yes....Great find and rescue.How can you NOT love an SC. ;D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm pretty sure that .32 WS 336SC is going to have some jealousy issues with the new gal, so in the interest of helping keep the peace in the littlemarlin household you should ship that little lady west to Montana... Stole that one, Nice !

james

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Very nice lookin SC! Better shape than I am, and only 1 year older. :( ;D. DP

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
marlin shooter said:
Nice. That is a good deal. I need to find that kind of deal on a 30-30 SC and a .35rem SC. I got two .32 SC's but none of the other's. Great find littlemarlin. Let us know how it shoot's.
Karl
No wonder I cant find a 32.You have more then your "fair share". ;D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the comments all. Yeah, I love the SC's too. They are a little hefty relative to some of the rifles on the market these days buy man do they point nice, especially with a peep. Can't think of a much better rifle for deep, northwoods (or deep southwoods) hunting than this.

I live in a levergun rich area and, even here, those SC's can be hard to come by. People seem to hang on to then and when they show up in gun shops they don't stay on the racks very long. I wonder why they don't command higher prices than they do but I'm not complaining. Makes em accessible for folks like me. :D

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I found an SC in 30-30 at the gun show here but although not in to bad shape was priced at $400. It was a waffle top, drilled with 3 holes, both pieces of wood had been replaced. The bottom tang was about 3/8ths" proud to the wood, no idea what year as the lever was banded shut. Some day I WILL find a good price on one, or a Glenfield 30 would be nice also. Even here in the land of long shots, Marlins bring more money than most of ya'll talk about. DP

·
Registered
446 Posts
Excellent find and rescue!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts