Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member here for years but not posted in a long time.

Lately I've been watching the market . . . GunBroker specifically, and the high prices peaked my interest in selling off some of my collection. So I'm been digging them out and taking pictures. But, I'm having second thoughts now . . . so I'll continue picture taking, just in case, but I'm going to wait a bit before thinking of selling.

I've shot pictures of six so far . . . anywhere from an 1894C (& CS) to an 1895 45-70, 308MX, 38-55 Win, and a 444 Marlin. Most are NIB or like new.

Still more to photograph, it's been fun digging them out of the safe and again appreciating the JM's (except for one MR, that 45-70 mentioned earlier).

So I hope to be here more and joining in as I am able . . . I'm not the 'expert' as I sense many of you are so I'm all ears . . .

·
Super Moderator
33,791 Posts
Welcome back to the forum!
Sorry to see you sell off your investment!

ca'jun56

Reactions: MarlinRanch

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been a member here for years but not posted in a long time.

Lately I've been watching the market . . . GunBroker specifically, and the high prices peaked my interest in selling off some of my collection. So I'm been digging them out and taking pictures. But, I'm having second thoughts now . . . so I'll continue picture taking, just in case, but I'm going to wait a bit before thinking of selling.

I've shot pictures of six so far . . . anywhere from an 1894C (& CS) to an 1895 45-70, 308MX, 38-55 Win, and a 444 Marlin. Most are NIB or like new.

Still more to photograph, it's been fun digging them out of the safe and again appreciating the JM's (except for one MR, that 45-70 mentioned earlier).

So I hope to be here more and joining in as I am able . . . I'm not the 'expert' as I sense many of you are so I'm all ears . . .
Lemme know if you think about parting with that 1895 45-70...I'm in the market. Also, welcome back and thanks for posting.

·
Super Moderator
15,945 Posts
Welcome back to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

·
Registered
20,375 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Welcome back from Central NYS !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome back to the forum!
Sorry to see you sell off your investment!

ca'jun56
cajun56 ~ Well you're jumping the Marlin just a little bit . . . I have NOT decided to sell anything just yet. I'm in my mid 70's and thinking of a day when the time will be right or . . . I'm not here and someone else will decide. Planning ahead as best I can so Missey is taken care of after I'm gone.

My personal Marlins will wait, hopefully for a long time, before even considering a 'parting' shot!

Lemme know if you think about parting with that 1895 45-70...I'm in the market. Also, welcome back and thanks for posting.
DK0203 ~ Well it's an MR LNIB I bought back in late 2018. Not sure what it might go for since I wasn't leaning that way just yet, but I could be persuaded. Not sure why I bought a MR as I'm generally only go for the JM's.
Shoot me a pm if you're really interested . . .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts