Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but it was well worth it. A good friend of mine has been in the ICU for ten days now. The doctors almost gave up on him and we were expecting the worst a couple of times, but he's got a lot of fight left and is surprising everyone. But, without him working, the family is in one heck of a bind. So, I got rid of a couple of guns (Glenfield included) and raided my piggy bank. Got an even $1000.00 and passed it on to the family. If nothing else, it'll keep the bill collectors and bay and buy groceries for another month. It felt good to do it, that's for sure. I'll be on the hunt for replacements some day, but for now, all is good... :)

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Outstanding .. Awesome... Prayer's sent for all ..

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Flat: this crazy world could use more people like you. I truly believe that you reap what you sow. Your unselfish good deed will for sure be returned to you someday, somehow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. If everyone could offer an extra prayer for Doug and his family, it would mean the world to me.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Sorry about your friend but I'm proud to be acquainted with you on this forum. If you're going to sell a gun to raise money there could be no better cause.

Awesome.....................

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
1895Gunner said:
Sorry about your friend but I'm proud to be acquainted with you on this forum. If you're going to sell a gun to raise money there could be no better cause.

Awesome.....................
Same here

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Come on guys I believe in prayer as much as anyone but what can we do to really help. I will send a $50 donation if you give me an address. Who will match it. This could be anyone of us getting sick and having to sell our possessions. We could start a fund for them.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Flatwater, your reward in heaven will be great. You are quite a man! You and your friend and his family will be in my prayers.

Mike

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
What a magnanimous gesture of love and friendship, no act of kindness ever goes unrewarded; God bless you and your family, and may He also restore your friend's health.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
It's reassuring to know there's people like you out there in todays world!
Way to go!

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I can only echo what the others have said, you are one hell of a friend. Glad you are on board here, Proud to know you. DP

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thumbs up, buddy - you done good!

·
Premium Member
7,694 Posts
God bless you! The world is A better place with men like you in it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts