Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got me a 30-30! This ones a keeper for sure. I just bought it from Kingstrider! He is a good man. Deal with him in confidence!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Great looking rifle, congrats and have fun!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
AWESOME! I just got my first .30-30 too! That's a beaut!

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
I've always figured, if a fella had a 30-30 a .22 and a shotgun he'd be ready for most anything. That's a nice looking rig.

·
Premium Member
13,210 Posts
That is a beautiful lookin rifle!!Congrats we will be expecting a range report!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice gun Lou! Hopefully it will shoot as well as the like-new 35Rem that you sold me. That 35Rem will print 5-shot cloverleafs at 50 yards and 1.5" 5-shot groups at 100 yards. Of my four 336-35Rems, it is my favorite.....terrific figure in the walnut, too!
Best,
Dan

·
Registered
163 Posts
L.A.

One word, WOW! ;D

Azbagger

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
Hey Lou that gun looks familiar! I really like the scope setup, you have me wanting to order one now too. Thanks again for the deal & happy shooting!

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Great lookin setup, I'm sure yer gonna really like that scout mount and short barrel. That will be one fast handling rifle. DP

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Nice friggin' rifle Lou! Those add ons make it look even nicer! ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I like it. Nice and compact. Kinda saving up to do my 35 sorta like that. Especially curious about the scope, not a scout scope but a lever scout rail. Thought I'd need the long rail for a regular eye relief scope... A bit cautious (cheap) about going to a scout scope since they cost more than I paid for my gun.

Thanks...

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dan 444 said:
Nice gun Lou! Hopefully it will shoot as well as the like-new 35Rem that you sold me. That 35Rem will print 5-shot cloverleafs at 50 yards and 1.5" 5-shot groups at 100 yards. Of my four 336-35Rems, it is my favorite.....terrific figure in the walnut, too!
Best,
Dan

Dan i'm glad that ol .35 shoots straight for ya! I almost swapped that wood off that gun! It was the most beautiful wood I have seen in some time! I posted pics of it here and got a lot of ooh's and aah's! If I had it now i'd put it on this gun! ;)

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you to everyone else for the kind words. It will be nice to have a new forum to frequent! I mean I always look here, but without owning a 336 well you know! :)

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
It'll be nice to have ya posting more here on the 336! This is my "hot spot" to frequent when I log on. ;D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts