Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have her yet. I only have pictures from the dating site. We will see if she is as sexy as the pictures look of if she was airbrushed when she arrives.

I never thought my wife would allow another gun in the house so I was floored when she said I could buy it.

Amazing what I can get away with if I feed her two thirds a bottle of wine.

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
I never tell my wife when I buy a Marlin--they all look the same to her. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Wine. Internet. Firearms.
What could go wrong? :biggrin:

I never tell my wife when I buy a Marlin--they all look the same to her. :biggrin:
I know it's blasphemy to mention it here, but I'm in the middle of AR build number 4 since just January. My wife has no idea. She thinks they're all the same "rifle" even though they're all noticeably different and one of them is a pistol with a 7.5" barrel. :flute:

The evil black rifle addiction is what happens when a gunsmith takes 4 months for a 3 hour job on a Marlin....

·
Registered
20,515 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Mine always says that every time I get a new rifle, she gets a new camera lens. Seemed ok to me til I found out what those lenses you at a baseball game cost.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Kevin, Marlinitis makes a man/woman do/say strange things. Like,"this is my LAST Marlin", "I'm done looking", "can't afford another one",yata,yata,yata!!! Just remember, you're not alone. We've ALL been there, thank God there's no cure.I think it's the best illness you'll ever have-from what I've seen/heard it's in epidemic portions and spreading. Good luck and I hope you don't get well soon-misery loves company. Show us some pics and give your wife a big kiss and nice dinner-you're a lucky man.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It made it easier when the PCR law passed in ohio and I pointed out to her that we would no longer have to fight over my savage m220 when we hunted together.

I am a little nervous, I bought it on an auction site. However, the seller had very good reviews and lots of them. It was listed as Like new. It's a Jm stamped 2007 444ss with a 93 prefix for a serial number. Part of me thinks I paid too much, but if it is truly in the shape that was advertised I think I'll be ok. They aren't making them anymore like that after all. It has the checkered stocks and Ballard rifling which is the exact configuration I wanted. I suppose that given the run there is about to be on these guns here in Ohio I can sell it pretty easily.

I bought it with the understanding that I would sell my 336 XLR to pay for it. Now to work up a reason to keep both!

·
Super Moderator
25,170 Posts
The exception to this rule is that my wife has a Henry 30-30 and Golden Boy 22 Mag. Since they are HER rifles--she knows what they look like. So I can't trade them away or sell them to get something else. Momma would definitely know the HER rifles are missing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought a couple boxes of hornady ammo today from a guy selling them cheap. I opened the box when I got home. I must say I find the round a little intimidating! I think I will be investing in a recoil pad.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had my 444 "Thumper" at our new indoor 100 meter underground rifle range last week for a few of the guys to shoot, and some looked at the bullet and said I am not shooting that thing. The guys that did shoot "Thumper" hit the bullseye dead on at 100 meters with there first shot, and went wide with 2nd and 3rd shots. Most said what do you hunt with that for, answer was deer dead with one shot. Kevin you will love that gun when you kill your first deer with it. Congrates on finding a 444, and keep plenty of wine on hand for future guns buys. ----Riflemann

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks rifleman. I suspect I will be loading some reduced recoil loads but then a good recoil pad can work wonders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts