Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an used Marlin 336 in .30-30 today. Looks beautiful, made in 1981.

I'm looking forward to giving it a test on the range.

In addition to the Marlin I own two other rifles (both in 6.5x55mm Mauser), and five handguns :)

I'm primarily a sports shooter in Norway, but just passed my hunting test, so I can now go hunting if I desire.
Now to learn how to reload :)

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi, Oystein!
I'm rather new, too, but welcome to the forum anyway! The old 30-30 is a great caliber for those who know how to use it, but I'm a 6.5x55 fan, too--I have two of them. I also have two 7x57's, two 8x57's, a 9x57, and some other Mauser and Mannlicher calibers, but I think the 6.5's are my favorites among them. The 30-30, like my 32WS, are great little carbines and meat-makers, even loaded down to .30 carbine or 32-20 specs, and much more fun to shoot (and easy to become proficient with) than the big boomers with the hefty recoil and noise. By the way, what time is it there? I'm on my lunch break (extended) here on the Pacific coast of the USA. Have a great day!
windy

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Premium Member
4,167 Posts
Welcome from DFW, Texas

·
Premium Member
9,845 Posts
Welcome from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX! John

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome from Texas, glad to have you on board.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Welcome from Hays Kansas USA!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trapper-xx said:
Welcome. What do you hunt in Norway?
Well I don't hunt yet, but with the Marlin I can hunt roe deer. Factory rounds doesn't meet the impact energy requirements to use it on larger animals.

Whats commonly hunted here in Norway are:
- Moose
- Deer
- Reindeer
- Roe deer
- game birds

Cheers,
Øystein

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi Oystein, I am from northeast Florida near Jacksonville. The forum has a International Members site where you may be able to connect with or meet other members from your country. This forum is very informative and friendly. Welcome Aboard. Marla

·
Super Moderator
19,139 Posts
Oystein Hello from Oregon . Not knowing I hope reloading gives you as much enjoyment as it does for me. Will it give you a lot of options factory loads don't give you. Hollow point bullets,and will it save you $$.
When you have questions we got answers.

·
Registered
20,681 Posts
Welcome from South Florida!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts