Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up what I thought was a model 60. It looks like a standard run of the mill 60. It is semi-auto .22 that looks like nothing "special". But, it says Mod.70 on the barrel. I thought the Model 70 was a bolt action. Is there a Marlin/Glenfield semi-auto model 70 .22? Serial begins with "18" which would date it to 1982 I believe.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yup - Model 70 semi-auto. I picked up a used one from 1994, stamped Model 70HC, it came with a 25 round high capacity mag (long gone). Shares everything with the model 60 except for magazine fed vs tube fed, so a different feeder system. I put a set of tech sights on mine. Also the DIP trigger guards and triggers will work with them. I put a one piece trigger guard for the 795 and had to inlet the stock a little bit for the magazine well since the two piece version just sits on the stock.

"18" = 1982. Magazines are available for it, around $20 each.

Should be a sweet little shooter, I love mine and would never hesitate to grab another.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. They are good pea shooters. I have had several over the years. I have an 60's era Savage my grand father gave me back then that I love, and was my first gun. I just picked this one up for my Mother In Law. She mentioned she wanted one (yes, she is a life long shooter, at 80 years old now). So, I picked this one up for her, for her 80th Birthday. She should really enjoy it (believe it or not, she has always been a lethal shot, and still is). I paid $100 for it. I know you can get these new not much more than that, but I am not crazy about the "feel" of the new ones. I think these are $100 guns all day long still.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts