Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, getting near the Range. Got the bead board about whipped and will be starting with the new kitchen cabinets
tomarrow. Cut a fat hog in the butt with Bead Board. It's in 8'x 7 1/4" tongue & groove planks. I'm only using 33"
lengths. There was a bunch of it damage in the middle from fork lift. Got the manager and cut a deal with him at $7
a pack of 3 pieces. With my 10% Vets discount I got less than $100 in it. Cut 33" from each end and damaged part is
scrap.

Starting in AM with range cabinet and new hood, we got new white range, fridge & diswasher all white. Our old stuff
was brown so I had to get new white hood to shut wife up. Seems like I haven't shot in so long I'm not sure which
end of the cartridge goes in gun first. Going to pop another can of Pork & Beans, shooting a game of home alone. I
like it that way if old lady was here hassling me I would probably have to hit her with a folding chair to shut her up.
They all went to OU football game and left me to fend for myself. Beans, Beer & cheese - it don't get no better. Property Room Floor Wall Hardwood

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
I've done this many times. The plank-type is the way to go, little more expensive but has a better look than the 4'x8' sheet stuff. I only put nail top and bottom on pieces that come out on studs. The top cap and base board will hold it all together. I don't like to use Liquid Nail type products. Down the road if B board comes off, so does paper on drywall if you use glue.

You know how women are they always want something else. I just took off a nice fancy chair rail that was over 33" of wall paper,that has only been on 5 yrs. The cost of trim is what sneaks up on you. Stain grade is expensive, even the plastic stuff is not cheap. I will have $500 in trimming out the kitchen before I'm done. The cost of a good pistol shot in the butt.

Reactions: cajun56
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.