Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 39A with the Weaver Scope last week. I didn't notice the scope mount at the time of purchase but it doesn't look right to me. It looks like it has been bent. There are no marks on the top of the scope to indicate that it had been dropped. You'd think a drop with enough force to bend that mount would leave a mark on the scope somewhere. It's an even bend the whole length of the mount which also makes me wonder what's going on. They are not supposed to look like that are they?

Attachments

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just bought this 39A with the Weaver Scope last week. I didn't notice the scope mount at the time of purchase but it doesn't look right to me. It looks like it has been bent. There are no marks on the top of the scope to indicate that it had been dropped. You'd think a drop with enough force to bend that mount would leave a mark on the scope somewhere. It's an even bend the whole length of the mount which also makes me wonder what's going on. They are not supposed to look like that are they?
Yeah, the mounts are definitely bent. But the good news is that the Apothic Red in the background should make you feel better about it. Good stuff (I drink and like it)!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 103748

If correcting the above doesn't fix the problem, then I agree that it is bent.
That may have done it. It still looks a little off center, but it's a lot better. I'm not sure if supposed to look a little squashed on one side or not. I don't have another one to compare it to. I'll try and take another picture tomorrow and add it to this thread. Thanks for your help on this YSYEO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts