Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to mount a leupold 1-4X20mm scope on my 1894 and want the lowest base & ring I can find. I have always used Leupold rings & bases but they don't seem to make a set for the 1894. I have a 2 piece Weaver base and weaver style rings on it now (whatever Wal-Mart sells) and they are ok but they are still a little to high.Can anyone tell me if a Weaver Grand Slam Base and low rings would be any lower than what I have and if so how well do they work, it looks like they only use 3 mounting screws? Thanks
JW

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
the lowest bases are the Warne 2pc steel..very very thin!!...they are over 1/8th lower than any other Weaver type ..The super low Millet rings on those bases are as low as it gets...feels great to me and its just like using the irons with respect to the cheek weld to the comb when you snap the rifle to your face and shoulder. I shoot a lot of Sporting Clays and Trap so proper fit is a real big deal to me

·
Banned
430 Posts
The grand slam steel bases allow for iron sight use when scope is removed

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CalvinMD said:
the lowest bases are the Warne 2pc steel..very very thin!!...they are over 1/8th lower than any other Weaver type ..The super low Millet rings on those bases are as low as it gets...feels great to me and its just like using the irons with respect to the cheek weld to the comb when you snap the rifle to your face and shoulder. I shoot a lot of Sporting Clays and Trap so proper fit is a real big deal to me
That sounds like what I'm looking for. I do like a proper fit and what I have now is just to high for getting on target fast. I do like the looks of the Grand Slam Bases but I'm not sure if they are lower than what I have now. Thanks.
JW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts