Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the little local gun show this morning, and could not find any guns that interested me. Found a couple of Ideal tong tools, but as the guy was unpacking, another fella beat me to them. One was a .218 Bee, and the other was .25-20M, with the mold. Pretty nice condition, and $15 each! Rats!!!
I did get some other items from the same guy though. A set of 6 dies for the 310 tool in .218 Bee, another boxed 2 die .270 set, and a 6.5x55 set, also boxed. Some .38 RF ammo, a old Remington box of .45-70, and a Ideal #34 1942 dated reloading manual, all for $40. So it wasn't a total loss!
Nice little show, with only about 30 tables, but a lot of nice items, and great folks!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Sounds like you might have fished the pond dry! :D Well, there's always a nice shooter languishing forgotten in a closet to tempt the thin wallet! If one came in every show, you'd get too spoiled on us. :D SW

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there is that group I'm picking up tomorrow! The ones I told you about.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
That's what happened! Your magnet hasn't recovered from that overload!! :D SW

·
Banned
150 Posts
Nice going MM93! Sometimes the best things come at little gun shows.

We have a nice series of them going here in ABQ. The state collectors association sponsors one on the last Wednesday of each month and it usually attracts 20 to 40 tables. Good, knowledgeable folks with a story behind everything on their table. Best of all it's free. Like you I have discovered many treasures and bargains. I try never to miss'em.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The shows put on by non-profit collector's assn's are always better than the for profit shows around here!
We have two collecttors shows here within 15 minutes of my home. Oregon Arms Collectors, (4th Sunday) amd SW Washington Arms Collectors, (2nd Saturday). Both are terrific shows, with lots of "little" treasures to be found!
Seems my magnet is working again! Picked up two Marlin .22's Sunday! A 1907 vintage model 1897 in 95%, and a 1939 first variation, 39a in 99%! I'm a happy guy again! The case colors on these old guns are just gorgeous!

G

·
Marlinman, I have an Ideal "PERFECTION" mold that is weight adjustable ,that I plan on using if I ever find a 32-40 that I like and can afford ! Any way I would like one of these for my 38-55 and possibly a 40-65. The one I have came with agroup of molds I bought from an older gentleman that is big in singleshots(Ballards Stevens that type of thing) . When he showed me this stuff the Ideal still had the price tag he had paid ,which was $145 ,is that anywhere near relistic? I got this mold and about 20 other Ideal ,Lyman and RCBS molds for $325. Included in this group was a single cavity Winchester mold for 32 Special . I can't see any way I got hurt . Anyway do you ever see any of the Perfection molds and what should I expect to pay ?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
His price tag was still good! The $145 price for an Ideal adjustable is not out of line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts