Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to have more "conversation" threads

We should have more threads about well... BS That was one of the best parts of the old marlin board. Since alot of us are here we should get back to our old ways! All we need is thread called Mod 60 VS 39A HAHAHAHA I bet that would bring dali out of retirement!

·
Registered
69 Posts

Although the Model 60, unlike other autoloaders, does have the decency to have a tubular magazine doesn't quite measure up to the 39a's.

Model 60 = 14 LR
Model 39a = 19 LR

Advantage - 39a

It's not the size of your....... Yeah right.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Of course those with pre-ban Model 60's have 19 a round capacity so that's even. Although I have an old 60 that I wore slap out. I couln't begin to count the number of rounds that I shot through that thing, thousands and thousands and thousands for sure.

·
Registered
932 Posts

SquirrelSniper said:
19 . I couln't begin to count the number of rounds that I shot through that thing, thousands and thousands and thousands for sure.
I never saw you shoot more than 5 out of it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: We need to have more "conversation" threads

Mr. Joe said:
We should have more threads about well... BS That was one of the best parts of the old marlin board. Since alot of us are here we should get back to our old ways! All we need is thread called Mod 60 VS 39A HAHAHAHA I bet that would bring dali out of retirement!
I agree completely. What we need is the "shooter's lounge" again....with no restrictions on content. It was that kind of interaction that made the other forums soar. With that said, I do, and always did feel we should have had some moderators who had no qualms about deleting posts that went too far.

As much trouble as Larry found them, it is what made the forums grow....and the entire site better. I disagreed a lot with the postings.....but, I kept coming back just to see what's been happening. Obviously, I still do check back, but the thrill of expressing my thoughts, no matter how disagreeable some found them, is gone. There were quite a few, like myself, who tackled emotionally charged subjects with some degree of dignity. It's just too bad that the few who couldn't do that killed it for everyone else......that's why moderation is a necessity.

hog

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Knock! Knock! Hello? :roll:

Just in case anyone was wondering, it IS a firearms forum. You want conversation, dial up chat or get on the phone. If you're lookin for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, it ain't here...

http://ww.greybeardsoutdoors.com

.... if that's what turns your crank :twisted:

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
183 Posts

Knock, knock, hello Doc Sharptail......

Don't look now, but you are expressing an opinion that isn't about firearms!

The truth of the matter is we all have differences and opinions that reflect individuality. The catalyst that binds us here is firearms with emphasis on Marlin.....but, that's not the only thing that interests many of us. In real life, few of us look for new friends when we want to change the subject.

Now see, this thread is getting interesting!.....mainly because there is a difference of opinion.....and, that difference of opinion centers around something outside the realm of guntalk in general.

hog

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

hogship said:
Knock, knock, hello Doc Sharptail......

Don't look now, but you are expressing an opinion that isn't about firearms!

The truth of the matter is we all have differences and opinions that reflect individuality. The catalyst that binds us here is firearms with emphasis on Marlin.....but, that's not the only thing that interests many of us. In real life, few of us look for new friends when we want to change the subject.

Now see, this thread is getting interesting!.....mainly because there is a difference of opinion.....and, that difference of opinion centers around something outside the realm of guntalk in general.

hog
What a load of barnyard layer. Truth is people don't have enough of a life that they need to get on a gunboard and stir the pot. I know EXACTLY Where this is going...

Think for a minute wise-guy... why was the shooters lounge killed???

I f you answered "because the membership couldn't handle it" pick door #3!

You want a social club, hit up greybeards. I ain't takin part in this no more, before it get's too far outta hand.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
183 Posts

[quote="Doc Sharptail]

Think for a minute wise-guy... why was the shooters lounge killed???

[/quote]

Doc.....

The lounge was probably killed because there are a few who couldn't disagree and respond without name calling.....like in your "wise guy" comment above.

Sorry to upset you.....but I think the underlying truths are apparent. With proper moderation, the forums can only benefit from all points of view....IF those points of view are expressed with consideration and dignity. Opinions expressed otherwise need to be deleted.

hog

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have to agree with Doc.

If I want to talk issues, kids, jobs, or any other aspect of my social life all I have to do is turn off the 'puter and walk outside my office. It's waiting for me. I come to shooting forums to talk shooting and it's application. There is a truism about the internet: If 'anything goes', it soon will. Talk lounges are like a blank piece of paper, inviting anybody to write about anything. Many of these outlets end up being the death of civility and reason. Trolls inciting the masses, the masses reacting. Things reach critical mass when the site owner figures out just how much band-width these open forums are burning each day and then shut it down.

I say Skip to the End. Let's keep it about shooting and avoid all the unpleasantries. (My 2 cents worth) ~Andrew

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

Okay Hog ya caught me callin names :shock: for which I profusely apologise... I won't go as far as deleting the offending lines- just a very mild example of what can (and has) occurred in the shooters lounge....

It is easy to forget exactly what opinions are, and their true worth :wink:

As for me, I'm outta this topic. Check ya inbox here- there should be a p.m. in there somewhere's- the e-mail notification thing has croaked...

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
183 Posts

Forget it, Doc....

I guess I wasn't around when moderation was attempted. I do believe that's the key to keeping it civil. Perhaps it would have been a little more successful, if it were a little more "hard nosed".....I don't know, I'm just hypothesizing here, but maybe anonymous moderation could have helped. If disgruntled posters were bothering Larry, then perhaps, sticking to his guns and supporting the mods would eventually have weeded out those who didn't, or wouldn't obey the rules.

I know I don't have all the answers, but I do believe this, or any forum would be better off if a way to express opinions.....and disagree, with some rules that are enforced, would bring back the interest factor MT once had.

Your PM was received. thanks

hog

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts

I have a Model 70HC with a 25 rd mag but I enjoy shooting my Model 39 a little more than I do the 70.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Im not saying i want to complain about kids, work or gays in the military...im just saying i liked the close nit forum we had with the old marlin talk. I like conversation about guns...hunting...things of this nature...things i think would and should totaly fit in this forum. My goal is not to invite trolls, but just have conversations about guns, and hunting storys with like minded people. I was simply implying that things can be too technical somtimes...not that it is always bad, god knows i ask some tech. questions somtimes.

Ill start a good one. Every monday after class, a freind and myself go squirel hunting. Its alot of fun, but we havnt been experiencing great succes latley, averaging only about one tree rat apeice. Anybody else do anything like this?

PS. you might have caught on by now, im not a verry good speller!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Sarge said:
SquirrelSniper said:
19 . I couln't begin to count the number of rounds that I shot through that thing, thousands and thousands and thousands for sure.
I never saw you shoot more than 5 out of it.
There are a few squirrels in SW Illinois that saw/hear about a dozen out of it....and not a damn one of them hit anything besides leaves and thin air. :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: We need to have more "conversation" threads

Mr. Joe said:
All we need is thread called Mod 60 VS 39A HAHAHAHA
I don't think it's fair to compare a jam-o-matic mod. 60 to a sweet mod. 39a.

Maybe we could compare a mod. 60 to an old mod. 25n ??? mmmmm...
I'd rather have the 25n.

I'll bet we could have fun with this without personal attacks and this is firearms related

Henry t

·
Registered
285 Posts

If "variety is the spice of life", then "controversy is surely the spice of conversation". I see no harm in discussing such topics as politics, religion and what ever one brings up.

Larry made this site available for us, we should respect his vision and his thoughtfulness however, if there are those that would like to have a "specific" forum to discuss the more "controversial" of subjects, then they should perhaps start a thread with due respect, addressing the issue to Larry.

·
Registered
251 Posts

I like my 39A real well.

I want to see Hillary Clinton nude and have her talk nasty to me.

If she did it at Shawnee I'd be embarrased but it'd still be ok.

Conversation is terrific!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts

oldfart said:
I want to see Hillary Clinton nude and have her talk nasty to me.

quote]

Ah, dang - I think I just threw up.............

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts

Yep, I did - it's all over the floor............

1 - 20 of 36 Posts