Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in what types of holsters/brands etc you all use when you conceal or open carry. I've been using a leather waistband for a bit now and am considering the Urban Carry 2. Has anyone else used this? If not feel free to share what you are using!

·
Super Moderator
12,199 Posts
Depends on gun but I'm right handed so usually carry OWB at 4:00 or IWB same position. If I'm driving or wearing dress clothes (blazer or suit) I prefer a shoulder holster, especially for heavy guns.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Kydex paddle holster. Easy on easy off. No leather squeaking, no belt loop hassle. Positive hold, low maintenance.

Papalote

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Have two Galco holsters, one is IWB and the other is a belt type with whatever degree of cant, I can't remember! Galco still made in the USA by the way!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mernicle Leather handles my holster needs. I have 3 and they are beautifully made.

Reactions: PWB

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Favorite way...Pocket carry Desantis pocket holster, from .380 to 45acp

OWB... Everything from leather to kydex, 4:30 position, most work very well.

DR

·
Registered
16,141 Posts
+1 on shoulder holster. For everything. I'll wear a baggy jacket or shirt. They look and see an old gray longhair,and I'm blended in.

Rob

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Summer, do a Desantis pocket holster with a titanium 38. Winter, long shirt out/coat Bianchi Blackwidow has long been a favorite, heavier pistol Sig 220/45 or Glock 29. Seriously thou, concelaed carry has become been so common around here, printing doesn't concern me anymore.

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
I'm a IWB carrier with a multitude of holster makes. The 3:30 to 4:00 position with some cant is my preference. I've been known to carry OWB and vertical off side shoulder depending on clothing suited for the season. All firearms but my S&W 642 Talo are vintage and are carried in vintage leather. Still looking for a Colt Diamondback 2 1/2" and 4" IWB holsters and a suitable holster for a S&W 28-2 Highway Patrolman with 4" barrel.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Alessi OWB for my Glock 23, it is the best holster I have ever used in my life for concealed carry or just as a holster. It's a molded holster no retention strap I have had it for years with no problems with the leather or it loosing retention, and I carry every day even walking around outside or on a long walk it goes with me. The right pistol be it a full sized frame or a compact frame combined with the right holster is a must for concealed carry if you want to be comfortable and for me it has to be comfortable to be on my side all the time.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
99 % of the time I carry my S&W 640 (357). Most of the time it is carried in Galco Cop 3 Slot Holster. Sometimes a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Sometimes a Galco IWB King Tuck.

I've been thinking about dragging out my leather working supplies from years ago and making a high riding paddle holster. Especially for summertime my Galco rides a little lower than I care for. I always carry concealed except at home. I have to keep checking my T shirt to be sure it covers. Even though we have open carry here in TN I choose not to.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I carry my Ruger LCP in an Alien Gear IWB set up for the Veridan Laser. Set it between my back and front pocket. Pretty comfortable especially with a Tee Shirt under it. It is adjustable and I can get other shells for different pistols if I want. I like it in that I can reholster it if needed unlike the soft ones. Also carry it in a Veridan pocket holster.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'm a big fan of Galco, particularly the Avenger for my 1911's, I have 3 for Defender, Combat Commander and Government. Galco recently made a custom Combat Master for my 3" 629 Trail Boss. When I do have occasion to carry a longer barreled N-frame I have from way back two Roy's Custom Leather Hidden Thunder shoulder rigs with several different holsters to interchange. I also own something for my 1911's that I always said that I'd never own, until I tried one and that is a Fobus paddle. It's quick and easy and carries any barrel length.
Several years ago I started using a Gunfighters Inc rig for trips where I might need really quick access. If you haven't seen them you should check them out, keeps my pistol and my bear spray right where they need to be and doesn't interfere with a backpack or pack frame straps.
I literally have a storage tub full of different holsters and rigs, everything that I own I have at least one way to pack it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My favorite is a no-name plastic OWB Level II for $20 on Amazon. I have lots of expensive holsters, but this is the one I ended up using the most.

Have one for my P365 and one for my G19 MOS...

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have a uncle mikes mirage size 16, for carrying my cz82 9x18 pistol.
i can wear it on my belt or put the holster iwb inside my pants. it stays put as long as you don't run..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts