Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
hope the song dogs leave them alone. sure is a pretty sight. I have been enjoying a young family of turkeys on our farm first time in 10 yrs or so. great birds to have around. thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
13,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have more Turkeys than ever around here and they seem to be doing very well. I have not heard the Coyotes recently and I have seen no sign over the last 20 years that they have hurt the turkey population in this area. I know the Coyotes are out there but the turkeys have seemed to multiply over the years not decrease.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Good to see those gobblers. Caught sight of a big tom and 3 hens in the Ponderosa pines a few weeks back, quite a rare sight around here.

Reactions: Golphin

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Hey Golphin, looks like your place for Thanksgiving!:eating:

·
Registered
395 Posts
cool pic, haven;t sen any chick yet here, but its that time of yr
turleys have really taken off in my area the past 10 yrs
so much so, I think they really compete with deer now a days
as when a big flock of turkeys work there way thru the woods, they don't leave many acorns behind, theer like shop vac;s LOL
I had a local flock of them that used to come into my backyard all the time, very smallyards and LOTS of house's , so no hunting
but these turkeys became very brave to people, they would raid a bird feeder like a bear would too

had no fear of my dog either, and well, unless we were hunting, he didn't care about them either LOL

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
That's pretty close to your dog. Never seen anything like that.

We have a good amount of turkey around here and the Coyotes that we can hear off in the distance don't seem to be bothering them as well.

We had a beautiful Tom here strutting his stuff back in April.

Bill

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thanks guys, I am lucky I have a lot of wild life about me all the time, from bears to you name it, if it lives in Pa
I have been up close and personal to most
during the almost 13 yrs I had my dog, he has been about wildlife, too
had him sitting next to bears, deer, turkeys, you name it
never had a problem, never chased them, or them him
well one day a woodchuck, wanted to fight him and meLOL
I'll have to see if I have them pic's still
he was a great hunting dog, was like a switch, when we hunted he hunted, when not hunting, that dog didn't care about anything but being near me, wouldn't hurt a fly
Been little over 2 yrs since he passed, and miss him every day!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Cool pictures from the members. My daughter has a very large Tom as a pet that roams freely on their deer farm, (and yes, she aptly named it Tom)!!! Follows her around when she is outside doing chores.

Reactions: Golphin
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.