Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i ended going home to visit my old friend that i joined the Coast Guard with and we ended up fishing and diving for 5 days in northern california(real northern california not just north of the middle of cali, humboldt county). here is a pic of one of the days we were out there. Lots of fun and the fish were hitting good. No salmon yet, they were there just alot deeper than we wanted to fish.

Top left 5 fish are Lingcod
bottom left little guy was a Green ling
and the rest are black rock fish

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sounds like it was a good time. You have a whole lot of good eatin to do!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i had a few dinners, but alot of it went to my grandma(and the abalone i got), an old crab fisherman we use to go out fishing with, and my parents. we did have a good dinner or two on it while i was there though. we ended up catching around 300lbs of bottom fish over 3 days. and i had a blast hanging out with my friend we figured it out it was 10 years ago this summer was the last time we hung out like this, we both joined the CG(tried to go through boot camp together but 9/11 happened and split us up) , this was his mid deployment break from Bahrain and i was able to get out there and hang out.

PS that ling cod is the best eating fish i have ran arcoss, especialy the cheeks. ;D

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dad has a woodmizer saw mill. he gets ahold of some old growth redwood and makes those, the back will rotate up into a seat or throw two together for a picknic table. hes working on getting a big bar and a larger alaskan saw mill to run with the woodmizer(he currently has one that will take a 3-4' bar and he wants one tha will take a 6-8'+ bar) so he can cut anything he wants.
PS if any one up twords northern cali needs any wood cut......

So long story short my dad makes them out of old growth redwood, the filet station is the wooden table behind it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts