Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nope.
Hades will become Exothermic before I donate while this management team remains in place.

Reactions: ballistics04

·
Registered
549 Posts
question.....i see that GOA accepts PAYPAL for donations. i have heard for years now that PP is anti gun and many gun owners refuse to use them. where we at on that? and i agree that wayne boy needs to go!

Reactions: ballistics04

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Just got my "Banned Guns" raffle come on in the mail today. Unfortunately, I prefer wood and blued metal. Combined with my dislike of Wayne, no sale here. I support your right to own whatever firearm you wish and banning one type, ill defined or not starts a slippery slope. If one of the guns was a JM 336 in 30-30 or a Ruger Mine-14 ranch rifle I might have had second thoughts.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
On of the biggest dynamics on top of all this is that many states require an NRA firearms training certificate to get a carry license. Arizona required that of me even after I sent in the course completion from a retired military Police academy firearms instructor who had not completed the NRA falderal. I got the NRA certificate additionally and ended up getting the AZ license in addition to my CT LTC. He has no moral or ethical compass. Truth be told I stopped giving to them in the 80's but now will start with the GOA mainly because of everything I am hearing about them from here on this forum. Next permit will be Florida. They will never be any easier to get than they are now.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
On of the biggest dynamics on top of all this is that many states require an NRA firearms training certificate to get a carry license. Arizona required that of me even after I sent in the course completion from a retired military Police academy firearms instructor who had not completed the NRA falderal. I got the NRA certificate additionally and ended up getting the AZ license in addition to my CT LTC
Oh yeah. That's another issue I have with the NRA. Can you say "monopoly?" Most gun clubs across the nation require NRA membership as a prerequisite to joining....and the CMP requires you to be a member to purchase one of their rifles...and the concealed carry requirements for NRA sanctioned training you mentioned above...and I'm sure there are other examples. That's the problem here. An organization gets so big that it begins to operate more like a labor union eg. "you can't do this or that unless you are a dues paying member."

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Oh yeah. That's another issue I have with the NRA. Can you say "monopoly?" Most gun clubs across the nation require NRA membership as a prerequisite to joining....and the CMP requires you to be a member to purchase one of their rifles...and the concealed carry requirements for NRA sanctioned training you mentioned above...and I'm sure there are other examples. That's the problem here. An organization gets so big that it begins to operate more like a labor union eg. "you can't do this or that unless you are a dues paying member."
CMP requires that you belong to a club that is NRA affiliated for competition type shooting. The particular club may or may not require that you are also an NRA member. That requirement may change in light of the recent scandals with the NRA. I still think that NRA can fix their issues if they really want to. Let that be a lesson that in any organization you need to always have multiple leaders and a board of directors that do not allow the organization to stray from their cause. That is why it is very important to screen any person who will be in a leadership position and there should be very strict organization rules and power to kick out any leader if they are not serving the interest of the whole club.

Reactions: Cottonsacks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I still think that NRA can fix their issues if they really want to.
I hope you are correct, but TBH fixing their problems is a pretty tall order. For people like me, anything they do is probably a case of too little too late. In fact, I think the NYAG's actions are a blessing to the NRA and couldn't have happened at a better time in the organizations history. It's popularity with members is at an all time low after the spending revelations. The NRA...or I should say Lapierre...is exploiting the current situation and rallying members by presenting the NYAG as the latest anti-gun boogie man.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The problem bottomline is that the NRA is Lapierre and he won't leave until the NRA is literally dead. He has been a dictatorial monarch without any regulation or accountability for decades. He doesn't care and will be sitting on an island somewhere that one of Epstein's followers have setup up shop and will be laughing at us all (2A supporters). It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't in cahoots with all that's behind this and is being paid handsomely for letting it all go to hell.

·
Super Moderator
4,928 Posts
even though I have a feeling they really don't "bond", I'd bet that Ollie North and Ted Nugent could have a big impact on changing the current status of the NRA.

jd

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
even though I have a feeling they really don't "bond", I'd bet that Ollie North and Ted Nugent could have a big impact on changing the current status of the NRA.

jd
They are both 2nd A patriots with very different opinions on how the 2nd A should be defended and promoted. Both could have a very big impact on the future of the NRA. I think the NRA needs to salvage their core (Life Members and Instructors).

·
Registered
10 Posts
This a purely political act driven by an AG elected with George Soros money. The purpose is to divide and conquer the NRA from within. As you can tell from this thread, it is working. There are people on here whose sole purpose is to stoke dissent within the ranks and drive a wedge between NRA members and dilute their political influence. Keep that in mind. WLP needs to go- AFTER THE NEXT ELECTION. In the meantime, we need all four of the major pro-gun organizations to protect our rights.

This election is the most critical in our lifetimes. The Communist Left will do anything to win. If you don't think they will break election laws to win, just remember they are the same ones rioting and looting in the streets now. Our university campuses are hotbeds of election fraud and communist conspiracy, so any polling place on a campus must be watched and documented like a hawk. Be prepared to observe, document, file formal complaints and charges and testify in court.

Make no mistake, the Left's Brown Shirts will threaten, intimidate and commit acts of violence against those who oppose them: so, be prepared to protect yourself. Be prepared to challenge media accounts of the election and aftermath.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As did i. And i agree with what you say. It sucks that we give money for them to live in lavish houses, drive fine cars, take lavish vacations, etc, in the name of defending our rights, when the rest of us struggle.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
This a purely political act driven by an AG elected with George Soros money. The purpose is to divide and conquer the NRA from within. As you can tell from this thread, it is working. There are people on here whose sole purpose is to stoke dissent within the ranks and drive a wedge between NRA members and dilute their political influence. Keep that in mind. WLP needs to go- AFTER THE NEXT ELECTION. In the meantime, we need all four of the major pro-gun organizations to protect our rights.
I'm not sure I agree. Even if your "divide and conquer from within" theory is correct, it was the NRA's own mismanagement which left it vulnerable to that particular angle of attack. Put another way, there is nothing the NYAG and the anti-gunners can do to the NRA which it hasn't already done to itself. The division was already there...and most all of NRA's problems came from within. I also disagree with your statement that we need to maintain the status quo and that LaPierre needs to stay on until after the next election. He needs to go NOW...for if not now, then when? What will the excuse be next time? More impending gun control legislation that needs fixed? That there is the problem and it is why the leadership keeps on keepin on. They will always have some urgent matter, some boogie man to present to their followers to keep them supporting the organization. In fact, people like Bloomberg and the antis are the best friends that the NRA has...because they have kept it in business all these years and as long as they are out there in the world, the NRA is guaranteed to exist and profit. Make no mistake, the NRA is in the business of peddling fear...which keeps people sending checks. Keep in mind that LaPierre has been at the head of the NRA for almost 30 years now. That alone is a good enough reason for changing leadership RIGHT NOW. Name me any other corporation where the CEO there has held their position for almost three decades. We have term limits for our President in the White House...and for a very good reason. With the exception of the late Fidel Castro I can't even think of many dictator-style leaders overseas who have been in power 30 years...not Putin, not Xi-Jinping, not Maduro probably not the Iranian Ayatollahs. LaPierre needs to go...and I'm not the only one saying it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I sent in my resignation letter to the NRA last Fall. Within a month I was receiving NO mail from them at all. In my letter I wrote that the Chris Cox and Allen West fiasco was the breaking point for me, that once there was a change in the BOD and LaPierre was gone, I would be glad to rejoin. I first joined the NRA while in the service in 1964, and it was a heavy decision but I was tired of being bombarded for donations when the upper echelon was living high on the hog.

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
I have been getting a notice at least once a week to renew when they fire wayne I will $ 20,000 suites is way out of line to wear to the range or hunting, will he even shoot a gun?

Reactions: JACKTW and -69.55
21 - 37 of 37 Posts