Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago I renewed my annual NRA membership and GOA memberships. I never get pleas from the GOA as I do from the NRA but the recent NRA pleas aren't like any I've ever seen. Thanks to Wayne LaPierre and his upper managements ongoing financial malfeasance fiasco, I continue to receive these emails every other day! I'm sure others are receiving them as well.

Sorry Wayne, apparently, this is your mess, own it! I have one answer to your plea to not let you down; do us NRA members a favor, RESIGN!
Along with the rest of the NRA's upper management. I may then entertain further financial support, once honorable leadership is at the helm.

Jack

Part of the email I've been receiving:

But according to Letitia James, you and I and our fellow NRA members are “terrorists” because we support a freedom enshrined in our Constitution that she personally despises and wants to eradicate from the face of the earth.

And now, she’s deployed the full power of the Attorney General’s office to take down the NRA – with a lawsuit to revoke our New York corporate charter that’s been in effect since 1871, dissolve our Association, and dispose of our assets as she sees fit, including our membership roster.

This isn’t politics as usual. It’s a vendetta – by despotic government officials who believe their power entitles them to muzzle and destroy opposing views.

They’re inspired by pure contempt for the law, and by an unbridled and burning hatred for the NRA, our members, and everything you and I stand for.

They know that the minute NRA closes its doors for the last time, our nation’s first and most important line of defense for the Second Amendment will be gone forever.

Make no mistake. NRA is fighting back with every ounce of legal strength we can muster. And others have joined us – even the ACLU – because they know that if the government can weaponize its power to shut down the NRA, it can shut down any organization in America.

But we can’t win this fight without your immediate help.

This weaponization of government power is like something you’d expect to see in Communist China – NOT in the United States of America.

This isn’t simply a fight for the continued existence of the NRA. It’s a fight for the continued existence of American freedom as we know it.

This is a fight for the Right-to-Carry permit in your pocket that you’re sure to lose if and when NRA goes out of business.

This is a fight for the guns in your safe that are certain to be banned and confiscated if NRA is forced to shut down.

And this is a fight for your God-given right to protect your life and your loved ones against violent criminals – who will still have their illegal guns long after you hear that knock at your door.

Your emergency support today will help keep the NRA in operation while we undertake the biggest and most important legal battle in our 149-year history.

Your support today will help make sure we can defend your gun rights in Congress and the state legislatures while we battle in court for NRA’s survival.

And your dollars today will help us fight back against the gun-ban lobby’s 24/7 lies and Fake News in the months leading up to the November elections – while at the same time fighting this life-or-death court battle for the continued existence of the NRA.

In all my years with the NRA, I’ve never counted on your help more.

PLEASE – DON’T LET ME DOWN.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
IMO, Wayne won't resign because he wants to fight the court battles with NRA funds a.k.a. our money. He will destroy the NRA to cover his butt. I wonder if he will have to sell one of the mansions we bought for him....he might even have to shop in regular men's shops instead of custom tailored suits....oh the horror.....

·
Super Moderator
26,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have had it with the NRA. My money will go elsewhere unless they get there crap together. Bring Ollie back and let him sort things out.

Padraig

Agreed, seeing Ollie back wouldn't hurt my feelings. With crooked Wayne gone, I'd be inclined to open my wallet. But certainly not before.

I don't see the NRA going away anymore than Wayne stepping down. Wayne is a crafty snake in the grass, he's just sees this as another funding opportunity.

I've been a member of the GOA for two decades, the Pratt brothers have had my full support and they'll get even more now. Hope they're preparing to fill the void, just in case.

Jack

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Why didn't NRA change the corporate residence a long time ago?

I unsubscribed to their emails long ago. I still get begging letters but not as many as before. I started sending them back with no money and comments like "When Wayne is gone I'll donate again" or "Tell Wayne to sell some suits". I don't get as many now for some reason.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Last time they called was right after the Bloomburg bought government of Virginia trampled our constitutional rights, including Virginia's own constitution. I told them they screwed the pooch in Virginia and I'm not inclined to help them. No more calls or letters. I'm probably off Wayne's Chrismas list too.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
For us life members and instructors we need to send email to let them know they betrayed all of us working hard to bring in more trained gun owners and spending many of our weekends giving classes to new shooters. Wayne cannot be given carte blanche to his "Diva" behavior.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I really do consider LaPierre to be nothing more than a dictator. He's really no different than a Saddam or a Kim Jong or a Castro etc. etc. He's dug in like a tick and won't be moved. I'm beginning to think that many people in NRA's upper management agree with you guys and would also like to see him walk out the door. TBH I don't think they have a mechanism in place for ousting a bad apple. It's sad to say, but I'm afraid the only way to get rid of the guy is to cut off the flow of money into the organization. No one...not anyone should send another penny until he's left the building.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
PLEASE – DON’T LET ME DOWN.
Un-expletive-believable. Don't let ME down. I'm just dumbfounded that, after decades of living lifestyles of the rich and famous off of our donations...that he'd have the nerve to try and ask for yet more $$ and hang a guilt trip on us if we don't.

No guilty feelings on my part. Let's face it...LaPierre is worried about how he's going to maintain his overinflated standard of living. If you seriously believe he cares about your gun rights, your'e a chump on roller skates.

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
I dropped out of the NRA in 2012. That's also when I walked away from NRA/CMP High Power Rifle & Long Range competition. I didn't like how they mishandled our hard earned money.

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
BTW, quiting competition had nothing to do with the NRA. It was getting too expensive to compete.

·
Registered
19,678 Posts
I bet we'll see indictments of Wayne and his minions before we see indictments for Hildabeast and HER minions!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Your absolutely right, Jack. My personal observation is that, despite what LaPierre is saying, the NRA has been "missing in action" ever since the allegations of misconduct surfaced last year. I don't hear of them speaking up opposing pending state level gun control issues, or anything else for that matter. Not much was heard from them during the recent issues in Virginia--which I would have thought would have them REALLY fighting.

To paraphrase a favorite saying of an old co-worker of mine, "Your donations will become effective when you do."

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
BTW, quiting competition had nothing to do with the NRA. It was getting too expensive to compete.
I came to the same conclusion because we could not compete against the military teams that were allowed to compete. As a civilian you had to fund all of your own equipment and ammo. The military rifle team top dogs had lots of practice using Govt. provided accurized rifles and special match ammo. Shooting was their job. As a civilian I had to buy\build my own M1A and provide my own ammo plus our civilian range did not have 300 and 600 yrd distances to practice.

·
Premium Member
5,808 Posts
I came to the same conclusion because we could not compete against the military teams that were allowed to compete. As a civilian you had to fund all of your own equipment and ammo. The military rifle team top dogs had lots of practice using Govt. provided accurized rifles and special match ammo. Shooting was their job. As a civilian I had to buy\build my own M1A and provide my own ammo plus our civilian range did not have 300 and 600 yrd distances to practice.
The US Army team competes all summer long, and I'm sure the other military teams do the same. All I wanted was my President's Hundred tab and my Distinguished Rifle badge, but I only made one trip to Camp Perry, so those goals were not realistic. I finished with 18 Leg points and an empty wallet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts