Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished my project on my PC Correct Assualt/Survival Rifle.

Not exactly the way it came from the factory.

Laser on the left and Surefire on the right.

The rails are removable in case you don't want the extra weight.

Two interchangable compartments. The first holds 8 extra rounds while the second can hold a small "survival" kit. (or your cigarettes and lighter)
The stock is carbon fiber and I should get a chance to see how it shoots this weekend.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
This is awesome, man.
Where did you get a stock like this one?

Thanks.
Mad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A company by the name of Wild Dog in Australia did it for me as a proto-type. They were interested in seeing if there would be any market for a lever action stock. Currently, they just do bolt guns.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Its different for sure.. LOL.. neat but different .

·
Registered
98 Posts
Terrill,

That is one wicked looking Marlin. Congrats, I wish I was that clever. I am impressed to say the least. What ammo are you going to run through it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Be careful about setting your carbine down while hunting. Could easily blend in and get lost because of all that camo.
Jack :roll:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I always thought a short barreled lever action 44mag would make a good home defense/ survial weapon without attracking the "evil" factor that an AR or AK does when you wind up in court for having used it. I like light/laser idea. I can see it now - a new marketing niche - the tactical lever action.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cool beans Terril,looks great.Tell me more about these rascals at Wild Dog,so I can track them down. 8)

There is a shop here in Brisbane who only have the bolt action stocks....Qld Gun Exchange for the locals.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Telling me not to look is like tempting me with a WET PAINT sign. :lol: glad I looked. That is one very impressive Marlin. Now take to da hood and have some fun. :wink:

Dave 8)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Easy, They are right around the corner from you. The reason the Gun Exchange carries their stocks is that they are in Brisbane. (So was I in October)http://www.wilddog.com.au
Bolt guns is all they are doing at the moment unless enough interest is shown on this proto-type.
I shot some of the new Leverevolution in it Sunday right before I put the stock on it. I was impressed with the ammo. Average of 2311 FPS and a standard deviation of only 16 fps. That's about 90 fps less than stated in their ads but still a 100 fps or so better than standard 150 gr. loads. It was consistant! Groups were about 1 1/2 inches for three shots but that was out of a brand new rifle. So I have recrowned the barrel to 11 degrees, added the stock, and will try it again this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
Glad to see chronograph measurements for LEVERevolution. What length barrel is your rifle? Looks like 20 inch?

·
Registered
573 Posts
That is an outstanding looking rifle. Tell us more about how the recrowning went? Any tips or tricks to it? Did you use a kit? Nice work on that rifle.

John

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Blackhawk,

E-mail me and I will be more than happy to send directions on how to do a great re-crown by hand.

Dave 8)

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Great job. Every time a company comes out with something new like this it is one more reason for producing our type of rifle, levergun. Besides it may create another place to buy used wood from those who don't want it after switching.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like I got Terrill in deep $h!t with a phone call to Wild Dog. :mrgreen:

I said,
"G'day,I'd like a stock for my Marlin,just like Terrill's!".

Steve slowly answered with,
"Where did you see that???"

I said,
"On the internet,Terrill posted a picture." :lol:

LOL,he said to watch his website,in the next few weeks he may be doing a batch,seems like a lot of interest.Steve said he's been flatout,but hopes to do some for Marlins.

HTH

BTW Terrill,I know of Steve from his knife making days......small world.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uh Oh...

Now I gotta ring wild dog and see if they'll do one for a straight stock 336 as well :lol: (there goes the budget)

That is one fantastic looking rifle.

Little Ian

Melbourne

1 - 20 of 31 Posts