Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gents:

I really want (not really need) a replica 336 marlin CB in 25-35. It should have a 24 or 26 in octagon barrel with a 1 in 10 twist barrel.

I doubt that Marlin will every make one. I have done some research and Brownnels have octagon barrel blanks that would be useable in this project. In brief dialogue with gunsmiths these could be a costly project to thread, cut extrator cut and chamber. It would need 4 dove tail cuts for sights and mag tube and mag cap.

MY QUESTION: Would there be any interest by others in building such a rifle. If we could get a group order for barrels, then the machining could be done in mass and maybe cut the cost of such a replacement barrel. It is my understanding that often it takes as much time to set up a lathe to do some functions as it does to make the cuts. It would appear that if several barrels were done at the same time then the machining cost could be cut down.

Any body got any ideas.

Centex Bill

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
You might consider having a .30-30 barrel lined to .25-35 caliber. It would be a bunch cheaper, and keep your gun looking all original.

·
Registered
137 Posts
you may wish to contact my uncle Waknstak he builds some great barrels I do not know if he has done a 25-35,but he has built many others to fit Marlin actions and he is reasonble with his prices.
He built a bunch of clone CB336 30-30 and some stainless CB 30-30 from barrel blanks in his shop. like you said it takes him some time to set up his machine(S) so he usually runs off a min. 50 barrels at a clip with the setup.
Wak posts on this site from time to time.PaRR

G

·
marlinman93 said:
You might consider having a .30-30 barrel lined to .25-35 caliber. It would be a bunch cheaper, and keep your gun looking all original.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Centex ,there is a guy in Tamaque PA that relines he quoted me a price of $225 I don't remember if he would go that small or not. phone :570-277-0381 . Also Beinke&Beinke in Klamath Falls OR. ,phone:541-882-3371.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts