Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting one of these forever. Being discontinued they are few and far between . Does anyone know of any that are for sale? Also, what kind of asking price could one expect. High and low end

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just keep looking, one will eventually show up. I looked for about three years to find one. Paid $450 for it which was probably too much, but they are pretty scarce and this one was pretty nice. I've only seen one more since at a gun show. It was $500 used with no box. Every so often they pop up on Gunsamerica, Auction arms, or Gun Broker.com. Seems that about $500 is what to expect to pay on average.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I found one by accident this past spring. I was visiting a friends house and looked at his new gun list. It just jumped out at me .... one for $375.00 with sanded down butt stock only 25 miles away .... got it with out cheap Tasco for $320 ....

The butt stock was sanded just below the leve of the tang but I couldn't turn it down (plus he had Marlin work on it / tune up after he got it). Hope you find one. Mike

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys, I did find one listed on GunsAmerica but, it is slightly out of my price range. $ 800 :cry: Oh Well, the search goes on. I do know of one other one but I doubt if I could talk my brother into selling it to me. Even though he lives in California and has never had the chance to shoot it since who knows when.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
They're out there - rare, but there. They go for around 400 - 450 in this part of the world. SW

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
They're out there - rare, but there. They go for around 400 - 450 in this part of the world. SW

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I thought the trigger on my 9422M would never smooth up, but when it did, it's a real nice lever .22mag. Smoother action than any 39 I've ever used (I'd rather have had a Marlin, tho)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts