Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***SOLD****I have a Marlin Cowboy Competition in 45 Colt. This is the 20" Octagon Barrel, case hardened model. Works great and an all around nice gun! Does have a couple of slight dings on wood. I am wanting to trade this rifle for a replica Henry 1860, Winchester 73 or 76 in 44-40. Not looking for anything tuned or short stroked really... just wanting to shoot Classic Cowboy in SASS Once in awhile. So if your interested in a possible trade let me know what you got. I can send pictures to anybody interested just email me at [email protected]
Would Sell for $950 Shipped

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boy oh boy. She's purdy! I probably don't want to know but would love to hear a price if you decide to sell.
Will let you know if I decide to go that route I have thought about it though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$1000 shipped if no trades

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
That is tempting, there has been one for sale locally for months now priced at $988 + tax etc. But it has some bluing missing on the barrel.

Any more photos?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure send me your email and I will send you some more.

Reactions: clyde823

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Maverick,
Pardon my drifting your thread a bit. You mentioned the classic SASS type shooting you want to do. Are you trading this rifle because it is not the caliber you want to use or is it's configuration not fitting of that class? I'm ignorant of the rules for that type of shooting competition, hence my question.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maverick,
Pardon my drifting your thread a bit. You mentioned the classic SASS type shooting you want to do. Are you trading this rifle because it is not the caliber you want to use or is it's configuration not fitting of that class? I'm ignorant of the rules for that type of shooting competition, hence my question.
The caliber would be fine, but to shoot the "Classic Cowboy" catagory in SASS requires the rifle to be an 1873 or prior in a 40 or larger caliber. Then two fixed sight revolvers and a hammered side x side shotgun. I currently shoot two Marlins in 44-40... One is a 20" cb model and the other is the century limited model with case harden and engraved receiver. Then two 7 1/2 barrel Ruger Vaqueros in 44-40. SASS is a great sport when you have a love for the older guns.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lowered Price

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Btt

·
Registered