Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody seen an 1895 sbl with the stock and forearm from the gbl. I really think it would look cool. when my sbl that I've had on backorder for 2 months comes in I might have to order a set and see for myself. If anyone has done this please post some pics.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I have GBL lumber on my standard 1895...I like it that way :)

I though Marlin made a run of something in stainless with the GBL wood on it...but maybe I'm wrong (its hard to keep up with the special "dealer exclusive" runs)

·
Registered
603 Posts
that would be a (don't know if it's the right word) pretty gun alright..i know those stocks are fairly easy to find though. don't know about price

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
I don't recall ever seeing one like that, but if I were to have an SBL I would definitely want the brown laminate stocks over the grey & black!

That would be one sweet looking rifle IMO.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have an SBL with the blk and gray and I really like it. I saw one with the brown laminated stock on it and personnally I thought it was pretty ugly. The black and gray just goes better with the stainless than the brown and tan. The blue with the blk and gray looks good too. The blue and the stainless both look great with walnut but the only mix I don't care for is the brown and tan with anything.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
skmarsh77,

There has been a special run of blued w/ gray/black lams 1895ABL looks very nice!!!
I've never seen a run of stainless w/ brown lams..

I would give the trading post a try!!!
Someone with a GBL just might be willing to trade you even for your black/gray!!!
Just a thought..

Make sure you post a pic if you decide to do it!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts