·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Malin has a stainless 60 but I didn't think exclusive to Wally

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was/is a Ruger 10/22. Found out on another forum. Also was informed that they recently decided to make it cheaper by replacing the metal trigger with a plastic one. Great minds at work there. Might have to pass on that one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I watched a program that did some testing on the triggerguard (Metal vs Composite).

The latter was a LOT stronger, lighter, and cheaper.

It was either Ruger or Mossberg........can't remember which one.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
The "Walmart Special" as some call it was a Ruger 10/22 with a 22" stainless barrel and deluxe checkering. I just found the receipt in my Ruger file ... my wife bought it for me as a birthday present for $238.00 on 2.9.08. It has performed perfectly since. I put HiViz sights on it with a few Volquartsen parts. It is the second from the bottom ...

My only regret is not getting two at that price. I saw one locally for sale last year NIB and he wanted $325. I am not exactly sure when they stopped making this rifle but the first thing I noticed later in 2008 was that they changed the stainless to what looked like a gray finished barrel for a short time and then stopped that model not too long after that.

I hope this helps.

bjm

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
We bought two of those stainless WalMart specials for Marla, and I'm going to convert one to a bull barrel silhouette rifle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
wally world

I"ve been looking at one of these stainless 60"s at Wal-mart. The price is great. Is there any difference in quality if you buy one at Wal-mart compared to your local gun shop. I won"t buy it there if it is made cheaper for Wally world.

·
Registered
263 Posts
1) I just picked up a Marlin Model 60SB from Wal Mart a few weeks ago it is the same as all Model 60SB but with a cheep scope
it's a very nice gun and it was less then list price for the Model 60SB @ $224 and wally world had one in stock
as far as I can tell Marlin only has a few models of the 60 a blue one the SS and the SB

2) Ruger has sold a few Wal Mart only 10/22 like the 22" SS and some others
Ruger makes dealer exclusive models and they sometimes make one just for wally world

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts