Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yep and you could buy a brand new El Camino for $2,500! Also bought a couple of houses in Denver around 10 grand that last were going for several hundred grand!
Inflation is the hidden tax. The more money that the .gov prints and distributes, makes what you earn worth less.
If you put your money into real estate, guns & gold, at least you stay even.
I remember thinking, back in the '60's that if I could ever accumulate $20K in the bank, that I could live off the interest for ever! Ha Ha

·
Super Moderator
25,658 Posts
Never saw a Walmart until getting stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO in the late 1980s. There weren't many of Sam Walton's stores out west in those days. I remember the prices being a lot cheaper than now. I bought my first Marlin (Model 30AS 30-30) at the local Walmart for 192 bucks (including tax) in 1989. Can't get a brand new Marlin these days for that...........

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Walmart sure isn't what it was when Sam Walton was still running things. Might as well rename it Chinamart now. But of course thanks to our gooberment allowing all the chinese junk to flood our markets and destroy our manufacturing base if the stores weren't selling the chinese junk they'd be out of business because they'd have very little to sell.
Didn't Sam Walton used to say they'd buy and stock American made products whenever they could? Those days are long gone.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts