Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pardon my lousy digicam (and its lousy operator), but here's a snap of my "Wall o' Marlins" (plus a Mauser). Top to bottom: Model 93 carbine, .30-30; 1949 Model 39a; 1949 336SC, .30-30;1951 336RC, .30-30; 1952 336 SC, .35 Remington. The Mauser is military 98 some real craftsman back a ways turned into a thing of beauty, complete with modest engraving, folding leaf rear sights, and some of the most gorgeous wood I've ever seen -- the picture in no way does it justice. It's a .30-06

·
Registered
579 Posts
NICE!!! Mauser is a work of art. I have a 98K action and double set triggers I have been wanting to make a 9.3 x 62 out of in that style. Nice bunch of Marlins! moodyholler

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For nearly a year I've been trying to talk a buddy out of a Mauser double set trigger unit he has -- no luck so far! To tell the truth, though, whatever anonymous artist put this rifle together knew triggerwork. It's a standard two-stage military type, but the final letoff is a perfectly crisp 2 pounds. Couldn't as for much more! If my friend came to me wanting to sell his trigger tomorrow I think I might just save my money for another Marlin I have my eyes on...

·
Registered
201 Posts
pisgah

Here is a picture of mine. 6mm Improved Mashburn, Mauser FN action, double set triggers, Douglas premum varmint barrel, Unertl 20X scope, custom left hand stock.

DG

pisgah said:
For nearly a year I've been trying to talk a buddy out of a Mauser double set trigger unit he has -- no luck so far! To tell the truth, though, whatever anonymous artist put this rifle together knew triggerwork. It's a standard two-stage military type, but the final letoff is a perfectly crisp 2 pounds. Couldn't as for much more! If my friend came to me wanting to sell his trigger tomorrow I think I might just save my money for another Marlin I have my eyes on...

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I see the URL, but I don't see any pictures? There seems to be a space between the URL and the last [/img] It's not coming up!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I seem to have not yet caught on to the proper way to post a picture, but if you copy the url, paste it in the address box of your browser, and hit enter, it'll come up.

DG, nice looking Mauser! I'd wager it'd hit a fairly small target at a fairly long range with fair regularity. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts