Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this maybe old news but not to me.I just bought a Ruger. 44 magnum so while in wal mart figure I'll get a box of .44, so the young guys ringing me up, an I joke I was going to tell you this is for a rifle,as I laugh. He chuckles and says yeah a bunch of bs, he goes on to say their store isn't going to carry the .44 anymore. That's crazy, the white Winchester box doesn't even say for rifle or handgun. I only hope they lose money.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Yes. There was a news article about Walmart HQ has decided they will stop selling ammo in "handgun calibers".
When I was in Walmart a salesman confirm that they were just selling what was left in the store and wasn't getting any other shipments in handgun cartridges.

·
Registered
19,496 Posts
He said all handgun ammo. No .38 spl. Don't know what they'll do with the .22
They probably won't be selling it either as it CAN BE used in a handgun!

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
I wonder if they'd do that if founder Sam Walton was still around. He was a passionate outdoorsman - quite the bird hunter - bobwhite quail were his favorite, and he always had bird dogs. But then, members of the National Audubon Society don't like to be reminded that, in order to paint his famous portfolio Birds of America, John J. Audubon shot most of them in order to study and paint them. His favorite quarry while sporthunting was the ruffed grouse.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ole Roy was Sam Waltons dog. As for Wal mart and Dicks and other businesses
they are like the rest of the country trembling in fear of hurting someone's feelings, trying like hell to be being politically correct, and cowering in the cold shadows created by the gun hateing individuals. I guess I am ambivilant over Wal Marts decision. Hopefully some other small business will reap the hiccup in supply chain.

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Guess they won't be selling .410 ammo (the Judge) or 45-70 either since there a revolvers that shoot it. In fact I think they'll probably just get out of the ammo business all together which is okay with me, as I'm almost completely out of the Walmart business. As said, this will be good for the smaller gun shops and bad for them.

It's just a matter of time before they stop carrying any hunting gear.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
they were just selling what was left in the store
Actually they are selling what is left in their warehouses. I've seen my store restock numerous times since the announcement after they already had sold what was on the shelf.
Last week they still had 357 and 44.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
It only bothers me because they were usually the only place you could walk in and buy reasonable priced ammo. Most every LGS has higher prices and half the time don't have what you want.
Rural King or Tractor supply might be an option but not close by.
Online is the option I will use to get the best prices now....until they shut that down.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I had almost quit buying it there because it took 10 min to find someone to unlock the shelf and ring me up.
I know, most of the time the ammo counter is unmanned. They should leave a flare gun on the counter so you can get someone's attention. Then after you get someone they have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the key.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
My guess is that he does not know what he is talking about.
IF you search you find this info along with what they are going to keep in stock...........internet opinions and guesses are just that......In other words.....Look before you leap..........SEEK before you speak.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I stopped buying ANYTHING from them when they pulled this trick.

We have a Tractor Supply but they've never sold ammo here. Atwood's does but their selection is small and prices usually high. The local gun shop still has panic prices from 2014. There is a nice shop in the next county over and Academy 30 minutes south (that now sells powder).

Reactions: 4T57T

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I stopped buying ANYTHING from them when they pulled this trick.

We have a Tractor Supply but they've never sold ammo here. Atwood's does but their selection is small and prices usually high. The local gun shop still has panic prices from 2014. There is a nice shop in the next county over and Academy 30 minutes south (that now sells powder).
Yep, we have drastically reduced our WM spending because of their anti-gun move. I'm sure they don;'t notice or care, but we feel better about it. Maybe others will join in.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Our loccal LGS isa often heaper than discount stores as they buy popular brands in bulk also.

DEP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts