Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in wally world last night picking something up for my daughter and I made my sporting goods walk through on the way to the check out. In the gun case they had a Marlin 336c. From what I could see, no one at counter working, the rifle had the new haven address on the barrel. I have a couple of problems with what I saw. First of all it said that it was a 336C in walnut, but the wood was definitely not walnut. It was a very badly stained piece of soft wood. It had no pistol cap but had the engravings. The wood in general looked very poor. The second things was the price. It had $461 on the tag. This is still in average price, but a $100 higher than it was 2 weeks ago. Guess Wal-mart is trying to capitalize on true marlins.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Did the stock have a bullseye? Walmart doesn't normally carry the 336C, I've only seen the 336W. They do special order them though. Probably some confusion by a clerk who doesn't know the difference, just filled the open slot with a gun from the back room.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
I also have never seen a 336C at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a 336c from wholesale sports here in Montana. All I've ever seen in WalMart is a 336w also. The price here was 460 dollars for the 336c. the 336w is about 100 less. So I bet there's a unique story behing yours................

could be good!.............. ;D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking it was a 336w, and honestly did not look for a bullseye. If I purchased the rifle, the wood would come off pretty quick. It was a really bad dye job. Looked like they half-a22 sprayed it. It had no wood grain at all.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, I hate to admit this, but at the same time kinda proud. I showed my wife this crazy rifle last night (daughter needed something for school) and she brought something to my attention that I missed the first time. She pointed out that the forearm and the butt stock did not match in color, texture, or design ( no engraving on the butt stock). She likes my rifles and can shoot, but its really not her thing. Apparently she knows more than I give her credit for. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts