Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one. was thinking about this one for my 30-30 for hog/deer. Also if there was a way for a quick detach mount that i could use to switch over to my AR every once and a while would be nice to.

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
I do not have this scope, but am wanting to get one for my 1895M (with the #4 firedot reticle). I do own the scope that this one came from, the Euro 30mm leupold 1.25-4x20 and it is a great scope. I have that one mounted on my BLR in .450 and can't think of a better scope for it. The firedot option is a great one, IMHO, for low light and especially on bear and hogs. A good friend purchased the 2-7x33 version with the #4 firedot and said it looks great in any light. Although those Warnes are not QD, I do own a set of Warne QD rings and they work very well. I'd recommend you look at them when you make your decision on bases/rings.

Picture of the old version 30mm Euro

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Am thinking of the same for my XLR did you end up getting 1. Am also curious about Millet And Barska but reveiws tend to suggest very hit and miss with quality.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
I had considered one but my talley rings are 1". Looks cool though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well went down to the local gun store. checked out the pig plex. was impressed by the fire dot. no quite sure of the pig plex. I think if you had a flat trajectory bullet the reticle no 4 would be better. pver all i would of picked it up but it was marked up 100$ over the internet price. how ever i may have to wait till after deer season

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You may need higher rings on the AR, but mechanically you could do an easy swap by using Weaver bases on both and with quick detach levers on the rings. May be a pain because you will need to re sight every change. I have a switch barrel Blaser with identical mounting and they do not fully interchange. Close but not good enough to switch scopes and hunt without fine tuning. One can have two mounts with different scopes sighted for the same barrel on mine and change scopes with return to zero within less than an inch, but again from the same barrel. Good day Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts