Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this powder for 5.56/.223 but probably won't use it soon because I have plenty of factory 5.56 for my AR's.
Very little data available for use in 45/70. I'm getting discouraged about not having my usual powder for my 45/70 loads.
Anybody have any first hand experience with 400-450gr cast bullets.
Thanks, Fred

·
Registered
16 Posts
N133, .45-70

YES! I do my reloading with N133 powder. I have loads with pressure testing results but i am outside on a Camping trip.
Will post loading data when returned home. All loads for 405 grain cast, oregontrail and cast performance bullets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
.45-70 Govt. Rifle loads, European N 133 powder

Hi i am back from holidays. You asked for N 133 powder loads. You will find them in the pdf file. All loads are great out of my Marlin 1895 gun, 22'' barrel, ballard rifling. (JM stamped :biggrin:)Translation sheet German/Gnglish is included. So load up and bang away. All loads to use on your own risk. Remember 1 gr (gramm) hold 15,432 grains, one inch holds 25,4 mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I've shot quite a few 405gr lead bullets. I've used 35grs of IMR3031 for 1088fps. It's an accurate FUN load that doesn't have you going back to the dentist to retighten your fillings. :biggrin:

I don't have any experience with N133 sorry.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys for the information. Brasspowerbullets thanks for the loads and translation. My ancestry is mostly Germany but I can't speak a lick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts