Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried one of these?
They sure are nicely priced. Maybe too nice.

I was looking for an original Redfield Widefield 2-7 (from the 70s) but for the price of a used one of those you can get a new Vortex

Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 Scope, BDC Reticle

They seem to be getting good reviews, but thought I would ask people that I know shoot.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I have a couple of crossfire 1x4 scopes that I bought on clearance from cameraland. Like them just fine. Clear field of view with no distortions and they've stood up to a .444 and a 45-70 so far. They were supposed to have fixed a couple of issues with the original crossfires in the crossfire IIs.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
I had one I bought off this sight. It had the red dot option in the cross hairs. Traded the gun with the scope on it. Wish I had the scope back.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ive got the 1.75x5 32 DIAMONDBACK. I did look thru the crossfire and held off (I own a few of there stirkefires on black rifles) when i shopping for a scope recently. I emailed them and then spoke with them on the phone, and he advised me to move up for a few dollars to the diamondback, I said to him "really can you tell the difference for a few bucks with the naked eye" he said it was unreal the difference . They also make a 2x7 that u are looking at in the diamond back but I think it was a tad longer in lenght so i opted for the one I got. I paid 169 at opticsplanet. however I got a special but worthy of asking the online chat folks there best price, you can get it cheaper if u ask. I got a 50 dollar gift card with mine. but i got a friend got one recently and got it for like 150 just for asking. The difference is totally unbelieveable difference in the glass (both are good) but I have compared my diamondback many times at dusk and dawn, rainy weather, dark , midnight, think u get the point to some much higher dollar glass mostely vx3 and bushnells elite 4200s all 50mm and the diamondback holds up with them, if i drop down to a vx3 32mm or 35 cant remember which it is,,, no comparision it blows it away. So with this said literally for a few more dollars I would not think twice on it. As troy said, best warranty in the business as leupold is...forever warranty whom ever owns it and you dont even have to register it to make it valid. And I will tell you this, if you purchase it, dont like it, I will buy it from you. Issue is I cant find the diamondbacks in no stores, just the lower end vortex, but they have gotten more into sport optics the last few years and they are awesome. My leupold days are over. Point is it takes a 50mm leupold to hold up to the vortex i have, and i still am uncertain it is better, one day it is , the next it isnt...not sure what application your putting it on, but the 1.75 x 5 is under 10" and sits nicely the marlins. I am never scope shopping again. I have found a scope that is well made, cheap and some of the best glass my old eyes have looked thru in a while. I have thought about sending my leupold back for a check on the 32mm because it is no comparison to the diamondback, and its a VXIII . go figure, but you will not be dissapointed in either one. best of luck

·
Team 45-70 Big Buck Contest Winner 2013
962 Posts
I have two crossfire II's and a viper. Ordered a diamondback from my vortex dealer just Sunday afternoon for a build and yes it
Is the 1.75x5 and it is going on a marlin rifle. That guy is going to be a happy camper when he gets
That rifle in a trade.

I would like to see them add a gloss finish and a silver finish to the lineup but not at the cost of the clear optics and cost.

I also picked up a mono optic they make called the solo. A binoc is next.

·
Registered
685 Posts
let us no how u rate the diamondback. if u get it dont like it,,,,pm me for payment and address...but i dont expect to hear back from you. cant say enough bout how good they are to my eyes. just wish the stores had a better selection. only other scope i want to try is the new bushell Hd for a few more dollars more, just cant find them in the stores. think you will be please with it in comparison to the crossfires. However I have not saw the crossfiresIIs yet, only the origianl crossfire in dec while traveling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts