Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nammo, also owner of Lapua, has officially acquired Vihtavuori. Good news for anyone, like myself, who has been concerned about the continued availability of this powder.

Vihtavuori « Daily Bulletin

Reactions: packard

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
That is good news!

The more I use VV powders, the more they continue to impress me. The cleanliness is the biggest factor, with accuracy and uniformity being contributing factors.

One load in particular stands out. Using VV N110 in my .44 mag SuperRedhawk as a replacement for 296, I lost about 40 fps, but 50 yard groups (pistol was scoped) shrunk from 3" to 1"!! The pistol, being stainless, also was much cleaner after a session.

3n37 has been outstanding in my .45 ACPs as well.

I want to find out more about N135 in my Garand, so I'll have to spend a couple of weekends emptying cases that have been filled with IMR4895.....what a bummer...:biggrin: It's gonna take a couple hundred cases, but it's a job somebody has to do....

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup! I have a few loads that work well with VV powders. I particularly like their Tin Star (N32C) powder that is a direct competitor to Trail Boss... Here's hoping their powder will become readily available again here in the states soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts