Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hog heaven NW of Labelle, Fl in a little community called Muse. They have a web site, those hogs were 125 ea cleaned and quartered put on ice in your cooler. Great afternoon for those of us who live 100 or more miles from hunting and a couple hundred or more from any decent hunting.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Great stuff! Look's like a great time.
A side Q, who did the music? It sounds like JJ Cale, but I'm sure it isn't unless a collaboration...?

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't have a clue who did the tunes. The fella that shot the hog in the second sequence was the one that put it together.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Bob and Diana of Hog Heaven are great people.
I've taken several new hunters there for their first hogs. I even took a group of 12 there for a weekend of wicked fun. I'm planning on taking a few of my buddies with their kids for their first hunts this year, once the fishing slows down.

They take good care of you there, and they have tons of hog on that land.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For a canned/fenced first hog hunt, you probably cannot do better or cheaper than at Hog Heaven. The folks there are great, the lodge and housing is nice and you are treated well...ask and they will put together special hog roasts, bonfires and such for groups. I know of many people who have gone there and as long as you know what it is, it is a blast, never heard any bad things about the experience.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Amazing video.

Those guys appear to be just walking up on a herd of hogs, in broad daylight, and shooting them.

I wish the hogs around here would allow that. ;D

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Cool video..... Makes want to head south a couple of hours to try it out. I looked them up and I didn't see any pricing. ::) I read what you paid for your pigs (what other costs were there?). Again, cool video and fun times no doubt!

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
This is pricing as I remember it, but it's been a few years since I was there.
$150 1st hog (Meat hog)
+$70 per hog after the 1st
$75 boarding at lodge per night

Call or email and speak with Diana or Bob, usually Diana will answer, they will answer all questions. They are very friendly and easy to talk to.

EDIT: Trophy Hogs are more, ask for pricing but I think it's $300. Not sure as I'm always after meat hogs.
There are a lot of big trophy hogs there!

We always tip big, because the guides are worth it, and that's how we roll. They take great care of their hunters. We had 2 guys in our large hunt group that didn't tip them, we never invited them to hunt with us again, anywhere. :p

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We paid 125 for our meat hogs, (under 1 1/2 inch cutters) plus a 75 dollar tip for the guide (25/hog) but that's up to the individual. Diane told me they are putting together special summer pricing so give them a call, it's a hoot. The hogs taste great too, they have the wild taste out of them buy are still free range, no drugs or any of the other crap in processed grocery store pork. Think of it as a healthy alternative meat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts