Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went rattlesnake hunting in Eastern Oklahoma near Blocker in the San Bois Mts. We caught 7 that day and I was filming the hunt when Doug, the professional rattlesnake handler and his son let one get away from him and come at me while I was trying to shoot (with a camera) another guy holding a snake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hM4VDwqcy4

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
That was a great video. I'm not sceered of snakes but those were on the large size for around where I live. Gunna be some good eating.... Thanks for sharing and be safe!

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
Ah believe I'd have a tich taller snake boots, myself, that's some growed ones.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
This one here is an OK rattlesnake

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I want to get me a snake to mount with my javelina, ;D I ate rattle snake for Christmas dinner one year and it was good. The guy that got them cooked them and I would like to try it again. 8) 8) ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We kept 5 snakes to have mounted.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I like the part when the lady says y'all need to have that on film. ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Well I have been in Oklahoma all my life and those are some small rattlers.....they get big as you know what down here. ;) They sure make for some fine eating. :) Taste like chicken. ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How big do they get in Guthrie?

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Don't care much for poison snakes.I have killed 2 a 39" western diamond back and a 12" in camp. we ate the big one
fried like chewing nylon cord off of a chicken rib. at least those are big enough to see.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Catherine said:
Holy moly!

Those are some BIG snakes!

Catherine
Yup, and they say that they can strike half their lengths distance from where they are coiled. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts