Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have a chrony, can anyone help me out here? Marlin 1895g 430gr paper patched, 52gr AA2495, CCI 200. A good estimate will be all I need.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Where do you live? Maybe someone close to you has one. I just ordered one about 3 months ago. I sure to like it. Your combination would be kind of hard to give a good estimate.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I've got a chrony, I'm still learning how to use it well. I'd be glad to shoot some.........might be a week or three before I get back out to shoot, it's getting close to bow season and most of my guns are ready. Now if only my shooting lanes were cleared!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I guess that you could ship someone about 5 rounds of ammo and have them chrony it. The load would have to be within specs of course. The elevation, temp and humidity would be a factor depending on where you live.

·
Registered
70 Posts
For the price of a couple boxes of ammo or a set of dies you could own your own Chronograph. They are cheaper than you might think, and will pay huge dividends later on down the road if you plan on reloading much.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have had one for years and a must if you wildcat and reload regular ammo. As a general rule the fasted loads are not the most accurate. I just like the safety factor of knowing where I'm at for speed which can relate to pressure.
Have a great day.
Jim

·
Registered
183 Posts
In Metallic Cartridge Reloading, 3rd edition. A lead 420 grain Lyman 457193 with 50 grains of A2495 list a velocity of 1656 fps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts