Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I hate to be the guy that answers a question with a question, but since there is not really a better between the two....
What do you want to use it for?
The New Vaq has the handling feel of the old Colts, so If you are wanting a Cowboy Action gun, I would go with the New Vaq., but if you are wanting something to shoot hotter .45Colt rounds, the heavier OVM would be a better choice. So in my opinion, there's not a better gun, just better choices.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Old Vaquero can take the Ruger/TC only loads, but they're larger frame than the New Vaquero.

I have magnums for hot loads, so for me it's not an issue to stay within SAAMI specs and therefore the New Vaquero has such a nice feel that I don't see that as a handicap.

Reactions: 1022

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok guys here's the scoop.....I've got a Ruger SBH 44mag 4 5/8 barrel ,but I know of a NMV in 45lc , just thought it would be something fun to shoot and not take a pounding. I kinda like the idea of the new ones being more like the old Colts..Thanks for the info...

BTW The Vaquero is blue 5 1/2 " barrel.but it's only $425,Also found a SS SBH 7 1/2 "...

·
Premium Member
28,790 Posts
Standard "Colt" loads are not weak, as some people seem to think. They have killed every critter that walks this continent at one time or another.
Just ask Matt Dillion:biggrin:
Man would leave his Rifle in the boot and go after a passle of bad guys with that 7.5 barreled Great Western of his:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.