Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has become a favorite at our camp since the fist time I made them.
I don't take credit for the recipe, The recipe came from the Fall Mountain Inn in Bernerdston Mass which has since burned down.
Try this, Its real MAN food. :D

1.)Roast some fresh Garlic cloves in the oven at 350 degrees until soft and remove the clove from the husk.

2.)Slice each clove into 4 of 5 pieces. :D

3.) Slice a loaf of french bread into pieces about 3/8-1/2" thick.

4.) Lay 3 or 4 pieces of sliced roasted garlic on the french bread and cover with a slice of Brier or Cheddar cheese.
8)
5.) Position the prepared Vampire Chasers on a cookie sheet and place in the oven 6-7"under the broiler until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread start to turn brown. (Watch them as they cook fast and will burn quickly.) :D :D

Remove from oven and serve as an "Hor'Duerve" (sp?) with the evening "After The Hunt" cocktail before dinner. :wink:

You will have to try this to tune the recipe to the amount of roasted Garlic you like.
I will tell you the "roasted"garlic really won't stay on your breath, so more is better if your like garlic.
The KEY here is the ROASTED garlic. Don't try to save time and work with garlic powder, it won't even come close to keeping the "Vampires" away! :lol:
Try it and let me know how you liked it.
If you have an "Hor'Duerve" (sp?) recipe that you like, share it with me, I'd like to try it.

Enjoy,

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Tomray said:
This has become a favorite at our camp since the fist time I made them.
I don't take credit for the recipe, The recipe came from the Fall Mountain Inn in Bernerdston Mass which has since burned down.
Try this, Its real MAN food. :D

1.)Roast some fresh Garlic cloves in the oven at 350 degrees until soft and remove the clove from the husk.

2.)Slice each clove into 4 of 5 pieces. :D

3.) Slice a loaf of french bread into pieces about 3/8-1/2" thick.

4.) Lay 3 or 4 pieces of sliced roasted garlic on the french bread and cover with a slice of Brier or Cheddar cheese.
8)
5.) Position the prepared Vampire Chasers on a cookie sheet and place in the oven 6-7"under the broiler until the cheese melts and the edges of the bread start to turn brown. (Watch them as they cook fast and will burn quickly.) :D :D

Remove from oven and serve as an "Hor'Duerve" (sp?) with the evening "After The Hunt" cocktail before dinner. :wink:

You will have to try this to tune the recipe to the amount of roasted Garlic you like.
I will tell you the "roasted"garlic really won't stay on your breath, so more is better if your like garlic.
The KEY here is the ROASTED garlic. Don't try to save time and work with garlic powder, it won't even come close to keeping the "Vampires" away! :lol:
Try it and let me know how you liked it.
If you have an "Hor'Duerve" (sp?) recipe that you like, share it with me, I'd like to try it.

Enjoy,

Tomray
NRA LIFE
Oh, yeah!!! I can vouch for this one!! Try pepperjack cheese! TTT

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Tomray, I do the same thing , only I toast the back side of the bread, then but the garlic & cheese on the other side. We also serve them with a GOOD HOT Sauce. THEY ARE GOOD! 444

1 - 3 of 3 Posts