Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is not in the right area, please move it.

My buddy has a 1998 Winchester 9422 22lr that is in like new shape, that he is selling to another of our buddies. I could not find a mark or scratch on the gun, except for very slight wear on the bolt. Neither of these guys are really gun guys. This thing looks brand new. They asked me for my opinion on what the value is and I told them I would pose the question on here. I looked on GB and there is a wide array of prices. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If he would’ve offered it to me, I would have been hard pressed to say no. I think they are pretty far apart on what each thinks the gun is worth. They want an unbiased opinion, so they aren’t telling me how far apart.

·
Administrator
30,808 Posts
There is one on Collector's Firearms, early model minus the safety button, overall very good condition, for $795.

Then one on Guns America listed in excellent condition and scoped for $400.

Guns International has a bunch listed with widely varying prices.

PM sent with links.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, I’ve checked finished auctions on GB and there is a wide range of prices. I’m thinking in the 700 to 750 range, but not 100% positive. I don’t know if there is a safety on the gun.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
In my area they are running $800 to $1000. That being said few months ago I ran across a nice 9422 XRT model, got it for under $400, guy didn't know what he had. Then I wanted a 9422 mag, ponied up 9 bills for it, 1972 1st year manufacture plus box in great condition. No regrets love them both

·
Registered
21,234 Posts
Reactions: 10acres

·
Super Moderator
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I gave my buddies a price($750) that I thought was fair for both of them. They did not agree with me. One wouldn’t pay over $500 and the other wanted $900 to $1000. I let them know that I was out of the picture. Needless to say a deal didn’t get worked out and I think the gun is on consignment as of now, after the gun got shopped around to a couple of gun stores.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Reactions: 10acres
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.