Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a marlin 1893 30-30 with a take-down 20"barrel, stock & metal are in Good+ condition. It's been sitting in my house for 50+ years & I never have fired a shot out of it. S/N is 2688XX. I am interested in finding out the current value of this gun. I live in a small town in the mountains of NC & the 2 gun shops in the area haven',t a clue. Can you help?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Ron, you need to post some pics, condition is everything. Your good could be my poor. 1893s have a big range $300- 800 for a shooter grade gun to $1000 - 3000 for collector guns. Factory engraved guns even higher! If you give me the whole ser#, I'll check the factory record, to see how it left the factory

Clark

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Welcome to MO

Pictures would help greatly.

DD

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
pics help... but if in good shape and unfired for 50 years... it's not an heirloom is it? otherwise that might be priceless!!! than again... cj57 had it about right!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clark, Tnx for the response. I updated my question with pix & S/N as requested. Tnx for your input.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
now thats cool right there!!

Reactions: dhansen

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Ron,

Here's the info in the factory ledgers on your gun Serial number 268802 is as follows:

"1893 .30-30 caliber 26 inch octagon barrel Takedown action Shipped: 3-6-1903"

So it looks like barrel was cut down or changed, also the stock doesn't fit real good around the wrist and butt plate is not correct, maybe stock replaced. It would be a good shooter grade gun.

Clark

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
Sure is a good looking Marlin! Wish some of mine had that much finish left on the metal surfaces.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Ron,

Their is a carbine model that was standard with a 20" barrel, rd. and a barrel band rather then end cap as yours (rifle) carbines could be ordered with shorter ones 15" being most popular. The rifle was standard with 26" and also could be ordered with shorter barrels as well as longer up to 32".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts