Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, all. I purchased my Marlin 989 M2 40 years ago. According to the S/N, which starts with 26, I believe it is a 1974 model. I plan to retire out of the country and can not take it with me. I was hoping to get an estimate of the value. It is complete with 3 clips, front and back sights and an shoulder strap, which I can not remember if it came with it or I purchased it separately. It has not been fired in about 20 years and has been stored indoors in a rifle case. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I bought two for $150 each a month ago, but no extra clips.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I would say close to the 250.00 range since it has 3 spare mags and has the rear sight. Also looks to be in really great shape.

The M2 one is alot harder to find than the M1 like I have. I also do not have the rear sight on mine. Seems pretty rare to find them with the rear sight.

I will not pay 100.00 for just a rear sight. Rediculous.

·
Registered
854 Posts
With 3 mags total at $12 ea, I'd say closer to $200 max depending on your zip code. My latest M2 was $185 with sight, but would be higher on the East or Left coast. You can advertise it for $250 or higher, but doubt you'll get any takers. You see a lot of zero bids on GunBroker when the seller starts too high.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
In my area of NY, easy $250, 90% condition+. I have seen the rear sight bring close to a $100 alone to a Marlin collector.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i sold my 989m2 in excellent condition on GB for $260 in less than six hours. The guy that bought it had been outbid on another auction where the same gun in the same condition went for $275. This was a month ago. And yes, it had the original sights and magazine.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Price range pretty well covered on page one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts