Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the value of a 444P (ported bbl) in excellent condition?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hard to say. Everybody wants one, but nobody's willing to pay for one. Lotta talk. Considering they were a limited run, and generally excellent accuracy, you'd think they would command a pretty good price. Maybe its the economy.... Kinda like the 44mag levers, especially the stainless. Lotsa talk about wanting to get one, but when they're up for sale in the classifieds, a different story.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm selling one as I described for $400. The buyer is getting a good deal I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
SoftPoint said:
I'm selling one as I described for $400. The buyer is getting a good deal I guess.
If I didn't live in Kanuckistan I would be soooooo all over that.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
I think the buyer is getting a deal I wish I could find again. I would NOT sell my 444P for that amount, others would have to leave first. DP

·
Registered
504 Posts
I had two for quite a while, so I sold one for $450. bought it back a month or two later for $400. the gun will shoot, thats a fact.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Supply and demand. I paid $500 for mine a year ago and would again. $400 is a great deal if it's in good shape. $600 or higher is crazy but you might find a buyer if you wait long enough. Only time I've seen them go that high on GB is when they had fantastic wood.

·
Registered
504 Posts
the 444P is only one of the sought after marlins but I feel it is miles ahead of some of the other "rare" ones, for example the 1894P. I know there are people here that love em to death but I didn't like mine and got rid of it.

the 444P is a no doubter bona fide 200 yd rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Well I was a crazy one! I paid $700 shipped for mine. It is a NIB 1999 model. It has pretty nice wood but not fancy. I just wanted it and at the time couldn't find them.

·
Registered
504 Posts
hey man if you enjoy it it was worth every penny. more power to ya.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Heavy Metal Guitar Hero said:
hey man if you enjoy it it was worth every penny. more power to ya.
That's just what I thought. I wanted one since before they were introduced (could only get the 1895GG back then).

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
DaveD said:
Well I was a crazy one! I paid $700 shipped for mine. It is a NIB 1999 model. It has pretty nice wood but not fancy. I just wanted it and at the time couldn't find them.
Dave, relatively speaking of course.... ;D If it was the only one around when I had my cold sweats for one I would have probably paid that amount too. When you get on a mission, price is secondary!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just bought one on GA @ $695. New, unfired with a Leupold scope mounted on it. Hanging around here made me itch... I finally scatched! It will compliment the first year 444 I have also.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
stoutstuff said:
I just bought one on GA @ $695. New, unfired with a Leupold scope mounted on it. Hanging around here made me itch... I finally scatched! It will compliment the first year 444 I have also.
Very nice. Pictures?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm going to have to start reloading to feed my two 444's now. Got Hornady dies for Christmas, just have to get the process and time down. Should be interesting with one Micro Groove and one Ballard but that is a whole different thread.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Pretty gun. Thanks for sharing. I load for two Microgrooves and two Ballard .444's. I don't find there is much difference. Both shoot great. The .444 is one of those cartridges where handloading can make a huge difference in performance.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts