Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To say this article burns me is an understatement. I'm service connected so I have to go to the VA. I have private insurance for anything not service connected which I prefer to use. The thing about it is, they turn us into Oscar the Grouch! I don't expect to be treated like a king when I walk in but, how about a little respect. Being seen in a timely matter and getting the treatment I've earned isn't too much to ask for. Since the VA scandle there are signs everywhere stating "If you are not seen within 15mins of your appointment let us know". Great, things are slowly changing. Not really. They find a way around it. 13mins after my scheduled appt I'm taken back by the nurse to have vitals taken. Then she puts a chair outside the Drs office where I'm made to sit and wait for 1/2hr. So, I don't get seen until 45mins after my appt. Technically I was taken back within the 15mins of my arrival time. If anyone checks, my info and vitals were entered 13mins after I arrived. What they don't know is that I sat outside the Drs office for an additional 1/2hr. The whole VA system is FUBARed and should be scrapped. The added stress they put on us is just ridiculous. As much as I try to not let them get to me, they always get me. Philly VA training slides depicted veterans as ?Oscar the Grouch? - News - Stripes

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
NY Jarhead, Thanks for your service, from a fellow vet. Unfortunately our govt. treats it's vets very poorly, they do not even treat us as 2nd class citizens, more like last class citizens. Why can men and women who have served this country be treated so poorly and the high up govt. officials live like royalty, sure does make a person wonder. Take care and hang in there, John.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Hey, I resemble that remark. ____-a skippy I'm grouchy. Over 30 years service, in and out of uniform, and I get treated like a ____in' criminal in the Country I served? Well, call me Oscar then.........:eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue:

Reactions: NYJarhead
1 - 3 of 3 Posts