Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used camp 9 that does recock after firing. My understanding of semi-auto firearms is that the disconnector allows the sear to recock the hammer after the gun fires even though the trigger is in the rear position. Once the hammer has fallen and the gun has fired, the bolt moves to the rear and ejects the spent case and feeds a new cartridge but the hammer doesn't recock. You have to release the trigger and pull the bolt to the rear manually for it to cock. Upon inspection I found the top of the disconnector badly worn so I ordered a new one and installed it but that didn't help! The sear moves back and forth as it should and the sear spring is in the right place and pretty strong but the disconnector doesn't seem to engage the sear at all. I must be over thinking this! Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
I am Battling close to the same thing, 5 rounds and failure to stay cocked. I have replaced most everything except the trigger dis-connector, which is on order. Lots of good info here if you take the time to read. BTW Welcome to Marlin Owners.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same problem exactly. For me changing the disconnector solved the problem but you already swapped yours. Have you looked at the sear itself? If the disconnector was worn then the sear might be as well, or the sear engagement notch on the hammer. If you opt to replace the sear just remember that there are two different sears depending on if you have an old or new model and ther are NOT interchangeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.